Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do people drive with their seats reclined almost parallel to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by thestaggy View Post
    My seat is as low as possible and reclined. Why? I am tall with above average length arms. No, I do not look alien, just rangey. If I sit with my seat straight up I am highly uncomfortable as I feel cramped. If I straighten my seat and slide it back, then I find the pedals are too far away and it just doesn't feel right.

And anyway, my dashboard is so damn big that I have to sit with my head up to the windscreen to see my nose, so it matters not if I am reclined or sitting at 90% as the dashboard makes it difficult to see my nose.

Just FYI, you are supposed to be comfortable when driving. Why add height adjustable and lumbar adjustable seats? Why add rake and reach adjustable steering wheels? Why make your rear-view and side mirrors adjustable? It's all for the purpose of allowing the driver to find a comfortable and suitable driving position.

As mentioned, I am tall. I've climbed into cars where I can't fit my legs under the steering wheel, a most uncomfortable position for me and makes it nigh impossible for me to drive. So I drop the seat, push it back, recline it if I have to and adjust the mirrors until I am comfortable.
    Nope sorry, not supposed to be comfortable.
    The adjustable seating settings is not for you to be comfortable, its for you to be in the best driving position.
    Knees bent when the clutch is pressed in, arms bent while holding the steering, seat parallel(ish) to the A pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicBunny View Post
    You lot need to come to Debben...

The lighties look out the passenger windows their seats are reclined so far back...
    That!
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

http://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Seatin...-While-Driving

"Many drivers do not position themselves correctly in their cars and therefore seriously lack control and comfort while driving."

"Adjust the rake of the seat. This should be as parallel as possible to the steering. It is impossible to reach a perfect adjustment (and it's also not really necessary), but by adjusting the rake of the seat to an upright angle of about 110-95 degrees, we can reach a suitable adjustment."

http://www.smartmotorist.com/driving...-position.html

"Sit slightly reclined with your shoulders comfortably back in the seat. Sit as far back from the steering wheel as possible while still remaining in safe control of the vehicle."

Blog Entries

Down here it's the prerogative of every Indian guy to lie on his back and peer through the top of his steering wheel with his head roughly where the knees of a backseat passenger should be.

It actually makes me cross, as they have next to zero control over any car that they are driving, and yet they think they are cool.

These are the same guys who drive around with the passenger's safety belt clicked into their one, so that the lights will stop flashing.

Disasters waiting to happen....
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Grandmaster
    Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, Africa, Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
    Nope sorry, not supposed to be comfortable.
    The adjustable seating settings is not for you to be comfortable, its for you to be in the best driving position.
    Knees bent when the clutch is pressed in, arms bent while holding the steering, seat parallel(ish) to the A pillar.
    And what best dictates a good driving position? The position in which you feel comfortable.

I recall my first driving instructor telling me to ''get comfortable'' when I got in his car, so I proceeded to make all the seat/steering wheel/mirror adjustments necessary to ''get comfortable''.

Quote Originally Posted by themba990 View Post
    They see me rollin. They hatin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I am a tool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    ROFL
    A VPN is basically a condom you put your network in to make it harder to contract an Internet Transmitted Disease or get another network pregnant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123