Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Revised Cell C Prices? BUT YOU CAN SAVE EVEN MORE, HERE'S HOW:

Question Revised Cell C Prices? BUT YOU CAN SAVE EVEN MORE, HERE'S HOW:

So, Cell C has revised all their standard data bundles and reduced the price, plus giving all customers a 15 cents per megabyte out of bundle billing regardless of the value of data bundle purchased! Provided you have bought a data bundle first. Everybody is ecstatic (Cell C customers of course, including myself). Applause to that, please.

I have calculated the new revised data bundle prices and found something which didn't quite sit well in me despite the applausible price drop. First things first, let me give you the revised price of the bundles (prepaid).
    12MB = R1.50
    30MB = R4.50
    50MB = R7.50
    100MB = R15.00
    300MB = R45.00
    500MB = R75.00
    1GB = R155.00
    2GB = R310

Here's the thing: if you buy 12MB bundles three times for R1.50 each, you end up with 36MB which equals to R4.50 whereas Cell C has another data bundle priced at R4.50 for 30MB, my question is, shouldn't they add 6MB on the 30MB bundle priced at R4.50? That way, it'll make more sense than buying 3 bundles of 12MB for a total of R4.50 which makes it unjust for the 30MB of the same price. You get my point?

The same goes for the R7.50 data bundle which gets you 50MB. A smart user (like me) could buy 5 bundles of 12MB for a price of R7.50 and get 60MB, which means 10 more megabytes than the R7.50 bundle which would have given me 50MB.

THE SAME GOES FOR 100MB BUNDLE AND SO ON, YOU DO THE MATH.

* CONCLUSION: I think Cell C should add 6MB to the R4.50 bundle to make it justifiable.

* Add 10MB to the R7.50 bundle (given the sum of five 12MB bundle equals to R7.50 for a total of 60MB)

The rest of the bundle prices is easy to calculate and make necessary adjustments.

OR ELSE, SMART USERS LIKE ME WILL KEEP ON BUYING 12MB BUNDLES TO SAVE EVEN MORE. This is my 2 cents, I'm not complaining - I'm just stating the obvious.

CAN I HEAR AN AMEN?

Amen
    Last edited by Keegan; 03-08-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    If you buy 100 x 12MB @ R1.50 You'll get 1.2GB for R5.00 cheaper than 1GB @ R155
    To compare apples with apples, 1024 MB requires 85.3 x 12 MB at a total of R128. Plus you will NEVER lose out on unused data after 30 days if you keep buying the small ones at regular intervals.

Hence my slight tongue-in-the-cheek request in the news thread for an app to automatically buy multiple 12 MB bundles

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Yes, but you thought it through, obviously CellC didn't
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

CellC really is the cheapest and most usefull. I wonder how does Vodacom and MTN justify their ridiculous data vouchers? CellC has also the cheaper prepaid call rates. You can phone oversee for 1rand per minute on a per second billing basis! Vodacom and MTN - eat that

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    To compare apples with apples, 1024 MB requires 85.3 x 12 MB at a total of R128. Plus you will NEVER lose out on unused data after 30 days if you keep buying the small ones at regular intervals.

Hence my slight tongue-in-the-cheek request in the news thread for an app to automatically buy multiple 12 MB bundles
    Hehe sorry, I just worked it out Tygga is right,
    Smart shoppers can save here,

Thanks for sharing Tygga.
    Last edited by Keegan; 03-08-2012 at 01:37 PM.

You're welcome!

Too much effen effort :P
    www.domaincheap.co.za
    50% off 1 month Afrihost Uncapped here
    Speak to me about Priority after-hours technical support and remote maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by PsyWulf View Post
    Too much effen effort :P
    This. I would hate to have to buy bundles over and over and over just to save R4.50 or get an extra 10MB.
    Xbox Live: eXpZA
    PSN: eXp_ZA

Twitter.com/eXpZA

I see they removed the 3GB for R400 smartdata bundle option. I guess it's wiser to buy the 3GB/365days voucher for R399 instead.

How much does it work out per MB for the 3GB/R399 data bundle?

Quote Originally Posted by Madhawk View Post
    I see they removed the 3GB for R400 smartdata bundle option. I guess it's wiser to buy the 3GB/365days voucher for R399 instead.

How much does it work out per MB for the 3GB/R399 data bundle?
    13.3c a Meg

Quote Originally Posted by dyanamo View Post
    13.3c a Meg
    Thanks, in that case the 3GB/365 days voucher is still the best option out there.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8080 View Post
    CellC really is the cheapest and most usefull.
    No it's not.

CellC might be R0,15c per MB, but 8ta works out to R0,015c per MB..... 1/10th of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    No it's not.

CellC might be R0,15c per MB, but 8ta works out to R0,015c per MB..... 1/10th of the price.
    But in 8ta's case that's a promotion, whereas CellC's price is here to stay. Remember, Cell C CEO was quoted as saying there may be promotions from time to time. Imagine, the promos on top of the awesome prices Cell C already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygga View Post
    But in 8ta's case that's a promotion, whereas CellC's price is here to stay. Remember, Cell C CEO was quoted as saying there may be promotions from time to time. Imagine, the promos on top of the awesome prices Cell C already has.
    all the more reason to get the 8ta promotion while it's still active.

do you really think CellC will throw a promotion soon that is 10 times cheaper than it is now? I think not.

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast