Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Telkom, the beast with two faces

Default Telkom, the beast with two faces

http://www.mybroadband.co.za/nephp/?m=show&id=3110

Excellent article...well worth a read!
    Last edited by rpm; 08-06-2006 at 08:37 AM.

Super Grandmaster

Fantastic read.

Those that weren’t there read about these shenanigans and one can only imagine what they thought about our incumbent operator.
    Delighted,,,,NOT!!
    "Never buy a black torch"

Sneeky

Thumbs down Lol

Recorded & traced, I should hope that can trace calls LOL, what are they gonna say you bad mouth our automated response system LOL The only reason people will get mad is if Telkom's genius helpdesk is actually unable to help, then the recording will just prove their incompotence LOL

Idiots

So are we gonna organise a call spam it's a toll free number ROFL

Just kidding but not really

Blog Entries

His intentions are good, admirable even. Molotsane and his executive management team talk at length about their “five-pronged strategy”.
    Doesn't the devils pitch fork have 5 prongs?

This is not the first time, however, that Molotsane has tried to explain his desire to delight customers.
    I do not take any delight from being royally "screwed" (for choice of a better word!) by TELKOM, and they don't even have the decency(sp?) to offer vaseline!

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

'I think the problem that we have as an organisation is perhaps we’re not reaching out. We’re not talking to our clients. We’re not explaining to them what problems we have in our business … we need to just go and talk to our clients'

Don't talk to us - listen to us !!!!!!!!!
    When everyone has a public voice, we see how many people just don't have anything interesting to communicate
    Sportslinks

Legal Expert: Telecoms

Quote Originally Posted by EchoZA
    I do not take any delight from being royally "screwed" (for choice of a better word!) by TELKOM, and they don't even have the decency(sp?) to offer vaseline!
    telkom - the beast with two backs?
    ---quantumplation---

We need the SNO operational tomorrow.

Then when dealing with Telkom about service levels, price issues, etc my automatic response to them would be:

IRATE Telkom call-centre agents receive a diabolical recorded message if they annoy their customers...

“If you did not resolve my query, or continue to rip me off,” my canned voice says, “take the time out to speak to a family member or a friend. You are denying me to basic telecoms services. Please remember that I will not hesitate to cancel my service and take my business to SNO Telecom, or elsewhere.”

Default I disagree

Bah! Why will SNOT be any better than Telkom? Its not like having three cell phone companies has made any difference to our exorbitant cell phone costs.

I would prefer to see the entire telecomms industry deregulated, allowing any company or organisation with the necessary financial resources to provide whatever products and services they like.

The only thing that needs to be regulated is the spectrum.

Super Grandmaster

Later he even said that he was “delighted to be at the helm” of the company

For R10 million I can be delighted too.

They said DIABOLICAL!!!

I am quite sick of this customer centricity crap - Telkom "reaching out" and "talking" to customers - who cares a damn about that?!!! Lower my ADSL bill by 70% and I will be satisfied - even if Telkom never answers the phone or even if they pick up and swear at me. MY customer satisfaction is tied to my bill - I don't get my kicks from talking to some Telkom lackey.

Same **** different day that's all.....

Quote Originally Posted by stix
    'I think the problem that we have as an organisation is perhaps we’re not reaching out. We’re not talking to our clients. We’re not explaining to them what problems we have in our business … we need to just go and talk to our clients'

Don't talk to us - listen to us !!!!!!!!!
    Exactly, I don't give a rats a$$ in Texas what problems they are having, the problem WE are having is that we are being screwed over by a company thats doing less than the bare minimum in terms of product and service delivery.

+/- R 40 in cost to provide DSL and you think your latest price reductions are going to make us happy? Cry me a river Papi, we just don't care (much like you and your company)
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

What is Papi's email address let me send him an email.
    "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies......."

Default No Way?!

Among the arguments we heard for the high prices was that “copper is expensive”. I kid you not.
    I can't believe they even use arguments like that. With 10% of South Africans having access to telkom lines, many of which have been rolled out pre-Telkom in the post office days (and paid for 100-fold), and with Telkom yanking out all interconnecting copper lines and replacing them with optic fibre (which looks like copper if the sun catches it juuuuuust right, i suppose), what seems to be the problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast