I've recently started a new job in Century City and want to move closer - specifically in to the Bougain Villas complex - could anyone tell me if ADSL is available yet?
I know there have been a few threads about this, so I'll try and recap what I've found so far:
* http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...n-Century-City - mentioning high latency (so I'm hoping one of these guys sees this thread and can tell me/us where they live that they have ADSL :P)
* http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...ge-packet-loss (same as above - more people with ADSL in century city)
* http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...82214-Isgs-Omg (from 2007 saying ADSL isn't available in Knight's Bridge or Villa Italia - last post is from 2010 saying Knight's Bridge still doesn't support ADSL)
* http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...0%99t-us/page3 (from 2010 saying ADSL isn't available in Bougain Villas)
* thread on a local gaming forum saying that ADSL is available in Island Club and Manhattan (a friend of mine stays in Manhattan and has ADSL)
* apparently Waterstone does support ADSL
So the reason I'm asking, despite the "evidence" above being against ADSL being available Bougain Villas, is that the contracts these complexes have/had with "gated services" (Smart Village?) seems to be the main reason ADSL wasn't available, and these posts are all pretty old, so I'm hoping things have changed since?
I also spoke to a woman named Chantel, of Property World (basically the developers of these complexes), who is a rental agent and she said you CAN get ADSL in Bougain Villas (but this might just be a sales pitch). I also spoke to a surprisingly helpful gut at Telkom who checked for me and said there were 150 ADSL ports still available, and I could get an ADSL lined installed... my work's ADSL also happens to be connected to the Bougain Villas DSLAM (though it might just be named that due to it's physical location, rather than where it primarily provides internet to).
I'm just scared of signing a 6 or 12 month rental contract, only to find out I can't have ADSL :/
If anyone could provide any help or suggestions I'd GREATLY appreciate it.