Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guildwars 2 Digital Download

Default Guildwars 2 Digital Download

Hey Peeps

Anybody know how big the download is? I cant seem to find info on it anywere (must be blind)

Just under 17gigs.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

eeeeeeeeeeeek

thanks for the info

words of wisdom if your downloading the digital download what ever you do don't stop it as it will start right form the beginning again... I just downloaded 6 gigs and my connection dropped now when i restarted the download its has started all the way from the start

Provide a link to the d/load please (too lazy to search atm). I want to get this started so that I am ready for the free day.
    If any question why we died tell them because our fathers lied

Quote Originally Posted by Fur View Post
    words of wisdom if your downloading the digital download what ever you do don't stop it as it will start right form the beginning again... I just downloaded 6 gigs and my connection dropped now when i restarted the download its has started all the way from the start

Lies, I have started and stopped it for a while... The % of the download starts again from 0 but the total files remaining does not reset.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Doo View Post
    Lies, I have started and stopped it for a while... The % of the download starts again from 0 but the total files remaining does not reset.
    Just a heads up, there will be a pretty big download before the weekend, for the pre purchase launch on saturday morning.
    Last edited by Glordit; 21-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Truth, it starts from where you left off last time, the % is simply the amount of files left to download not the size.
    Just a heads up, there will be a pretty big download before the weekend, for the pre purchase launch on saturday morning.
    What Fur was saying was that the whole process starts again if you stop the download.

What you said is pretty much what I said.
    =====
    =====

Blog Entries

What Fur was saying was that the whole process starts again if you stop the download.

What you said is pretty much what I said.
    Sorry!~ my bad! edited!
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

i was on 168,238 files left i stopped the download and started it up again and it was back on 216,400 file ( cant remember the exact number)

i even stopped it again moved the gw.dat file to another folder re ran the installation and copied and pasted the old gw.dat file over the new one which did nothing. my gw.dat file is currently at 19 gigs and the download is only 17gigs

Make sure your gw2.exe and gw2.dat files are in the same folder, preferably not in your Program Files folder as that may cause permission issues.

The downloader "should" continue downloading from where it left off, but your19 gig file sounds like a mistake. Something is not right there.

You can force the program to recheck the archive by running "gw2.exe -repair"

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fur View Post
    Hey Peeps

Anybody know how big the download is? I cant seem to find info on it anywere (must be blind)
    Mine's 15.9GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

The size of guild wars 2 fluctuates generally between 15.X and 18 GB's. A fresh install will be the smallest, while those that have had their client since the early beta events have more data. The theory is either there is data that is redundant and it is stagnant from the beta events, though it is more likely it is just beta user's have visited more places. For example, when you have a fresh copy of the old Guild Wars 1 client, every new place you visited would receive a new download with updates for that area. So it is likely that the larger clients in GW2 just will need to download less when the game launches for various zones/areas.
    i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4GHz, Rampage III Gene, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair 12GB DDR3-1600, Asus GTX670 4GB, Corsair 80GB & 240GB SSD, Dual 27" IPS7, W7 64bit.

I stopped the d/load at around 25% last night to get pwned a bit in BF3 and I started it again around midnight. It was completed this morning. 14.8gigs (I hope I downloaded the right file!).
    Last edited by Jase; 22-08-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    If any question why we died tell them because our fathers lied

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I stopped the d/load at around 25% last night to get pwned a bit in BF3 and I started it again around midnight. It was completed this morning. 14.8gigs (I hope I downloaded the right file!).
    You should be fine, especially if you can login and at least get a message there is no beta or event running currently.
    i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4GHz, Rampage III Gene, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair 12GB DDR3-1600, Asus GTX670 4GB, Corsair 80GB & 240GB SSD, Dual 27" IPS7, W7 64bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast