Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Investing R100 000 - Advice

  1. #16
    Karmic Sangoma ghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hotel California
    Posts
    40,112
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Bricks are always the best investment.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

  2. #17

    Default Investing R100 000 - Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by lcbxx View Post
    Buy a house.
    A house for R100k? You mean buy a shack, right.

    Im going to buy a house for R850k and that's from my parents, so I'm getting great discount.

  3. #18

    Default

    If all of your debt is paid off and that R100k is just sitting there, I'd invest in something safe. I heard the Capitec savings account is quite nice, my one friend moved to them from his BLABSA savings account and got about 80% more out of it every month than he did with that red danger of a bank he used to bank with. I think the amount was also +- R100k and he got out almost R1000 in interest. Might be wrong though, I didn't listen, all I was thinking was "how many beers would that R100k buy me!"

    Alternatively, I hear there is quite a lul in quality weed production since those busts in Cape Town a while ago. What I'll do is invest that 100k in equipment and crops and start supplying again. You could quadruple your investment within 9 months!

  4. #19

    Default

    Best advise.....in order,

    1) Pay off personal / micro loans
    2) Pay off vehicle finance
    3) pay off home loan
    4) Invest cash

    Follow those steps and eliminate the highest interest burden items first, then if you have done all of that then decide to invest the cash.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    Best advise.....in order,

    1) Pay off personal / micro loans
    2) Pay off vehicle finance
    3) pay off home loan
    4) Invest cash

    Follow those steps and eliminate the highest interest burden items first, then if you have done all of that then decide to invest the cash.
    Good advice

    WORST ADVICE: SAVINGS ACCOUNT at about 6% with inflation at eg 6% = 0% real return Brilliant!!!

    Look bottom line is pay off highest interest rate debt first.
    Europe is about to collapse this is a mathematical certainty as they can't print cash like the yanks eg bad times are here and it is going to get much worse... what does that mean - the Rand gets raped(remember 2000 & 2008).

    So BUY GOLD
    1. It is a Rand Hedge(priced in $)
    2. Inflation proof
    3. Goes up in BAD times

    or

    How old are you? Go around the world and hook up with girls from 50 different countries - you think you EVER going to regret that sitting in your rocking chair

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbilly View Post
    Good advice

    Europe is about to collapse this is a mathematical certainty as they can't print cash like the yanks eg bad times are here and it is going to get much worse... what does that mean - the Rand gets raped(remember 2000 & 2008).
    Glad to see the thumb suck brigade has not left us.

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Alternatively, I hear there is quite a lul in quality weed production since those busts in Cape Town a while ago. What I'll do is invest that 100k in equipment and crops and start supplying again. You could quadruple your investment within 9 months!
    sounds like a plan.


    Quote Originally Posted by kbilly View Post

    How old are you? Go around the world and hook up with girls from 50 different countries - you think you EVER going to regret that sitting in your rocking chair
    nope as you probably wont remember thanks to Syphilis and whatever else you catch.

  8. #23
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ~~~\o/~~~/\~~~
    Posts
    7,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geriatrix View Post
    Today I Learned
    Sorry, my Reddit is showing
    ITT: Non redditors. ಠ_ಠ
    Chicks are car guards. Kick 'em inna panty!

    I suffer from A.D.D. : Attention Deficit Diso - oooh lets go ride bikes! ~

  9. #24
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cape of Good Dope
    Posts
    2,341

    Default

    Where have you guys been? Investing in CASH??? IE- bonds and interest? Money Market?? You get 4% PA. Eish.

    Rather go for the best performing UT's like 36ONE or SatrixIndi that have been the top performing investments over many years. Expect about 30% PA.

    Or Foord Equity that does about 28% PA.

    The FSB has restricted the percentage equity they can hold and some must be in cash. This puts a damper on your earnings. It has been proven that a 100% equity holdings outperform them big time. What I mean by big time is you can earn 70% plus PA on the JSE and no management fees.
    Some guys will know me here from previous posts and have followed my system and will state that it works. JSE is the only way to go if you want 70% pa.
    Sent from my LavaTube VV e-cig.

  10. #25
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    Where have you guys been? Investing in CASH??? IE- bonds and interest? Money Market?? You get 4% PA. Eish.

    Rather go for the best performing UT's like 36ONE or SatrixIndi that have been the top performing investments over many years. Expect about 30% PA.

    Or Foord Equity that does about 28% PA.

    The FSB has restricted the percentage equity they can hold and some must be in cash. This puts a damper on your earnings. It has been proven that a 100% equity holdings outperform them big time. What I mean by big time is you can earn 70% plus PA on the JSE and no management fees.
    Some guys will know me here from previous posts and have followed my system and will state that it works. JSE is the only way to go if you want 70% pa.
    And to think Herman Pretorius only offered 20%...


    SATRIX INDI
    NAV PERFORMANCE DATA
    (March to March) ** (per annum) STXINDI Fund**
    1 year return 20.33% 20.90%
    3 year return 30.11% 30.54%
    5 year return 13.16% 13.61%

    30% on a three year basis. No basis in forecasting 30% for a new investor. Talking through your arse again?

    What is "them" and what does 100% equity exposure outperform? Over what period?

  11. #26
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cape of Good Dope
    Posts
    2,341

    Default

    100% equity out performs ANY investment. If you are a conservative investor, then good. Go for STX or Foord.
    Or Allan Gray.
    If you want to make serious money then start reading up on stock investments on the JSE.
    I have been doing about 70% pa for some years.

    Are you stupid? Don't you remember the BIG FALL in 2008/9? So don't include a 5 year period here. ALL stocks dropped big time.
    Sent from my LavaTube VV e-cig.

  12. #27
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cape of Good Dope
    Posts
    2,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undesign View Post
    And to think Herman Pretorius only offered 20%...


    SATRIX INDI
    NAV PERFORMANCE DATA
    (March to March) ** (per annum) STXINDI Fund**
    1 year return 20.33% 20.90%
    3 year return 30.11% 30.54%
    5 year return 13.16% 13.61%

    30% on a three year basis. No basis in forecasting 30% for a new investor. Talking through your arse again?

    What is "them" and what does 100% equity exposure outperform? Over what period?
    I beg to differ.
    STXIND

    1 Year 34%
    2 Year 60%
    3 Year 80%
    Check it on Sharenet.co.za
    Sent from my LavaTube VV e-cig.

  13. #28
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    I beg to differ.
    STXIND

    1 Year 34%
    2 Year 60%
    3 Year 80%
    Check it on Sharenet.co.za
    Oh sorry, I posted my Satrix Indi figures from the actual Satrix website.

  14. #29

    Default

    Read Warren Buffetts book. Can't remember but think it's called "Snowball"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Another saving/investing advice thread
    By ^^vampire^^ in forum Business, finance and start-ups
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 07:42 AM
  2. Investing?
    By Mavix in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-01-2011, 02:28 PM
  3. Investing R20 000
    By Praeses in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 23-06-2009, 08:21 AM
  4. Opinion sought on investing advice given to me:-
    By Waaib in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 20-02-2009, 03:05 PM
  5. Need some advice on investing
    By Gothan in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 27-03-2008, 05:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •