Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: postmaster@absamail.co.za VIRUS!!!!!

Angry postmaster@absamail.co.za VIRUS!!!!!

Hi guys, im a newby and hope someone can help me. I get this stupid e-mail everyday and AVG picks it up, and qaurentine it safely, so i can delete it later.AVG shows it as MAILER-DAEMON@absamail.co.za(I-worm/mydoom.n) I have added the adress to blocked senders list, but it still comes through and then end up in deleted file. Is there anyway from stopping this stupid virus from even coming through? PLEEEZ HELP!!!!

Yep! im subscribed to absamail, thing is i know it's using the name postmaster@absamail.co.za "spoofed" because if u look at the properties it shows MAILER-DAEMON.... my "Q" is if AVG can see the difference, why cant absamail.co.za? Or is it possible that the virus doesn't go through absamail.co.za, and that it takes a ride along the way ? One last "Q" is there anyway to stop this virus from coming through, and not just the stupid block sender function from outlook that put's the virus in the deleted file.

PS: I have heard from a friend that with some other e-mail programs you can go through your e-mail online, and delete what u dont want. Absa doesn't have this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther
    I have heard from a friend that with some other e-mail programs you can go through your e-mail online, and delete what u dont want. Absa doesn't have this option.
    If it is a normal POP mail service you can use a program like Mailwasher to do this.
    Pip is a Politically incorrect person

Thanx u guys. Problem solved!!! Now i can read my e-mail before it comes through with "login to your absamail account webmail" I also runned the mydoom removal tool but it picked up nothing, so AVG is working fine! Thanx again to all who gave advice

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I also get these stupid bladdy mydoom worm, but clamAV filters it out, so I can sit back and relax...

Filtering is done on firewall level. For an extra level of security we're running norton av on the mail server to make sure that no viruses replicates on the internal network...
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.