Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: New Sub Forum - Cellphones

Default New Sub Forum - Cellphones

Would there be interest in a new sub forum for cellphone devices - i.e. post your device problems, request for info on devices - settings etc into a dedicated cellphone device forum?? Currently they are posted either in the Vodacom, MTN or Cell C broadband threads when the problem is not quite service provider specific.

Or should those type of threads go to the General Hardware forum??

Comments?

Good idea!

(A separate section for cellphones, I mean.)

Super Grandmaster

all in agreement for a separate section then....thx rpm
    ADSL 4Mb & DG834GT | Ex-Iburst, Ex-Sentech
    MYBroadband.co.za - Your electronic condom against those unwanted telecom infections !

Grandmaster

I agree - a seperate section for cellphones would be nice.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ic
    What about a Cellphones or Cellular sub-forum of the Hardware & S/W forum
    yes
    and maybe a sub-forum-forum-link to the new Cellphones sub-forum in each of the Vodacom & MTN & CellC forums, with the links pointing to the common new Cellphones sub-forum?
    yes
    [that probably could've been worded better or more clearly]
    yes
    ADSL 4Mb & DG834GT | Ex-Iburst, Ex-Sentech
    MYBroadband.co.za - Your electronic condom against those unwanted telecom infections !

Good idea - and I think it would alleviate some of the rep's workload giving them more time to concentrate on organising lower tariffs.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Grandmaster

I favour this idea

Grandmaster

What about a Cellphones or Cellular sub-forum of the Hardware & S/W forum, and maybe a sub-forum-forum-link to the new Cellphones sub-forum in each of the Vodacom & MTN & CellC forums, with the links pointing to the common new Cellphones sub-forum? [that probably could've been worded better or more clearly]
    HUH????

Good idea on the sub-forum

What about a Cellphones or Cellular sub-forum of the Hardware & S/W forum, and maybe a sub-forum-forum-link to the new Cellphones sub-forum in each of the Vodacom & MTN & CellC forums, with the links pointing to the common new Cellphones sub-forum? [that probably could've been worded better or more clearly]

Will Google be able to translate that??

Quote Originally Posted by adsl3g
    Will Google be able to translate that??
    lol - your thread gets all the attention of the power-that-be. Perhaps I should have put cellphone (or even better linux) in the title?

I think threads should be moved into the section as they pop up. Do mods have the option of ensuring threads are relocated with the Moved prefix? Sometimes it seems like its missing after a thread moves.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

• ic has seen your thread Mac Subforum, but it is rpm that you need to have reading your thread .
    • Yes, by default, when moving a thread to another forum, the preselected option is 'Move and leave redirect in previous forum'.
    I know I'm just trying to garner some support before v13 comes into play - call it a legacy

Of course I could try to fight the change - holding on tightly to v12 - by going back and deleting old postings - but its just not my style to try and prevent evolution.

EDIT - v11 got his legacy albeit temporary.
    Last edited by bwana; 22-06-2006 at 02:58 PM.
    Ron White was right

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

When do you flip on over bwana?

Also, a cellphone sub-sub-sub or cellphone sub-sub would be a good plan

He normaly flips at 499 posts - does not want to be 'my ADSL master'

Quote Originally Posted by adsl3g
    He normaly flips at 499 posts - does not want to be 'my ADSL master'
    Jack of all trades . . master of none
    Ron White was right

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast