Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can any1 get onto Hifi corp site

Default can any1 get onto Hifi corp site

Grandmaster

Nope, seems yo be hanging
    No Signature for the moment

ok, i'll try later

Grandmaster

Nope
    The page cannot be displayed
    The request cannot be processed at this time. The amount of traffic exceeds the Web site's configured capacity.

Please try the following:

* Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
    * If this error persists, contact the Web site administrator to inform them that this error continues to occur for this URL address.

HTTP Error 500.13 - Server error: Web server is too busy.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)
    ADSL 4Mb & DG834GT | Ex-Iburst, Ex-Sentech
    MYBroadband.co.za - Your electronic condom against those unwanted telecom infections !

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Some products are similar to picture. E&OE

Nice - seems fine !
    When everyone has a public voice, we see how many people just don't have anything interesting to communicate
    Sportslinks

maybe they were using a "parallel import" router?
    Think twice, speak once.
    ANC - outfailing itself year after year
    ESKOM - Eish, Sorry Krag Opge*** - Maintenance

Grandmaster

I wouldn't buy from HiFi even if it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploempie
    I wouldn't buy from HiFi even if it was free.
    From a consumer perspective, and HiFi can use it or not, I HATE their stores.
    From the ugly fixtures, to the "cattle in an abbitoir" feel I get when being herded through their entrances / exits, to the surly staff and product layouts, it all grates me. The mere thought of purchasing something and needing to return it turns my blood cold.

Sure this is my opinion, but I cannot be alone - HiFi needs to look at this and make the experience more pleasure than pain if they want to attract more custom.
    Think twice, speak once.
    ANC - outfailing itself year after year
    ESKOM - Eish, Sorry Krag Opge*** - Maintenance

Grandmaster

LOL, just went down again
    ADSL 4Mb & DG834GT | Ex-Iburst, Ex-Sentech
    MYBroadband.co.za - Your electronic condom against those unwanted telecom infections !

Working now...but I agree with Ploempie about buying from there - price isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask
    Working now...but I agree with Ploempie about buying from there - price isn't everything.
    especially when you can get the exact same Sony monitor for R2600 from hifi rather than for R4500 from elsewhere

If you buy junk products from hifi, it is your fault, if you buy brand products from there, and the price difference is like 50+% I don't see it as being that bad, given the pathetic state of the other stores of course! At very least at hifi you can see what you are buying, they have the things in stock, you can watch it, touch it etc. if you go to your local shop, they have like choice of 2-3 products, if you want something specific, they can order it for you, but you pay deposit and you must buy it, you can't just have a look at it!

The other day went to game, from a distance I was impressed by a row of like 7-8 plasmas (not too many by international standards, but breathtaking for your local store!) .. went close, they were 2 brands 3-4 of each! How stupid that is!!! At hifi you get at least choice of 5 brands, not good, but definitely much better than your local shop!

Got nothing against HiFi - just need to be firm with the sales reps.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Super Grandmaster

I've had as many issues buying at Game as I have HiFi Corp. If you're buying expensive goods, spend the extra on the extended warranty. If it's cheap rubbish, buy it at game the CS is better.
    New and completely unimproved!
    doobi's Evil Genius

Biggest problem with hifi is they hold and service the warranty not the local agents for the manufacturer. You're looking for the same problems buying from them as you do if you buy a pc from telkom. Rather go to the agents or their dealers and get the real thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast