Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Samsung Galaxy s3 - Not Registered on Network

Unhappy Samsung Galaxy s3 - Not Registered on Network

I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy s3 yesterday and decided to get an 8ta prepaid SIM to test the 3g network.
    When I put the SIM card in and powered up the phone I did not get the SMSs for settings and phone number etc.

Eventually I phoned 8ta customer care and after 30 minutes the support person sent me the settings for the phone.

The problem is though...whenever i try phone or SMS it shows a msg saying "Not registered on network"
    I can't browse the internet either.
    I have only managed to send 1 sms and make 1 call...but nothing since.

I apparently have full bars signal.
    The icon showing my 3g connection has disapeared entirely after showing "E" for a few hours.

When I go to the settings menu to select a network operator I can only see MTN, Vadacom, Cell C and 65502...

I have tried taking out the SIM and utting it back in but that didnt help.

Please help!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 - Not Registered on Network

Quote Originally Posted by GazWrack View Post
    I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy s3 yesterday and decided to get an 8ta prepaid SIM to test the 3g network.
    When I put the SIM card in and powered up the phone I did not get the SMSs for settings and phone number etc.

Eventually I phoned 8ta customer care and after 30 minutes the support person sent me the settings for the phone.

The problem is though...whenever i try phone or SMS it shows a msg saying "Not registered on network"
    I can't browse the internet either.
    I have only managed to send 1 sms and make 1 call...but nothing since.

I apparently have full bars signal.
    The icon showing my 3g connection has disapeared entirely after showing "E" for a few hours.

When I go to the settings menu to select a network operator I can only see MTN, Vadacom, Cell C and 65502...

I have tried taking out the SIM and utting it back in but that didnt help.

Please help!
    Have you tried manually adding the settings?

1. Go to settings
    2. Mobile networks
    3. Access point names
    4. Add new APN (bottom left button)
    5. Name must be 8ta and APN Must be internet

Save and make sure the one you have just created is selected and activated with a tick or something...
    If this doesnt work then im not sure what else could help.

Quote Originally Posted by GazWrack View Post
    This is 8ta.

Not registered on the network is usually a network error not a phone error. It kinda means your sim has not been activated / rica'd to work on the network.

I went back to the 8ta store and apparently it was the SIM card.
    I'm relieved it wasn't the phone!

i have an S2 ..same problem but im not that worried since i only use it for internet

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE - NO service in certain areas, and unable to send sms's at

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE. When I am in Canal Walk, I have absolutely NO service on my phone - no calls, sms's, internet, whatsapp, email etc. It says "not registered on network". I have taken it to Nashua Mobile, and they don't have a clue what could be causing it. I need to switch the phone off when I leave to restore the services.

From this morning, I couldn't send sms's at all, from anywhere.

Any suggestions? Does my sim need to be LTE enabled? I had a blackberry before, so I got a new sim about 3 weeks ago when I got the phone, which I assuming is correctly activated.

Do you have LTE enabled on your phone? Disable it and see if it helps in this area.

Yes, your SIM has to be LTE enabled to use LTE. At the moment standard SIMs are not LTE enabled, except for those who participate in trial.

Quote Originally Posted by gartha View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE. When I am in Canal Walk, I have absolutely NO service on my phone - no calls, sms's, internet, whatsapp, email etc. It says "not registered on network". I have taken it to Nashua Mobile, and they don't have a clue what could be causing it. I need to switch the phone off when I leave to restore the services.

From this morning, I couldn't send sms's at all, from anywhere.

Any suggestions? Does my sim need to be LTE enabled? I had a blackberry before, so I got a new sim about 3 weeks ago when I got the phone, which I assuming is correctly activated.
    Hi gartha

Please see if you can force the device to 3G only.

Thank you
    8ta

Default Not registered on network

[QUOTE=gartha;9562346]I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE. When I am in Canal Walk, I have absolutely NO service on my phone - no calls, sms's, internet, whatsapp, email etc. It says "not registered on network". I have taken it to Nashua Mobile, and they don't have a clue what could be causing it. I need to switch the phone off when I leave to restore the services.

Gartha,
    I've experienced the same thing at Canal Walk with a Galaxy Note2 LTE.
    How did you resolve your problem?

I have the samsung i9505 lte enabled phone using kitkat 4.4.2 using a non lte sim from mtn and i solved the problem (not registered on network)by changing my network from lte/wcdma/gsm to wcdma/gsm.