I've been billed R2208 for just one month of usage on my 5GB SmartData bundle. This is almost ten fold my average bill over the past year (about R300p/m).
After lengthily and numerous enquiries I managed to get the data bundle usage reports for the month from Nashua Mobile.
The discrepancies found:
1) I've received two reports detailing the data usage for the month, but these reports aren't the same??? Surely CellC should only have one version of the truth before billing customers?
2) The reports both show that I've exceeded my monthly data bundle and that I ran into OOB usage, which is true. On the 21st of the month my usage reached 5GB and I lifted the data cap setting on my DLINK router from 5GB to 6GB. Despite this router CAP setting of 6GB CellC are claiming that I used almost 10GB !!
I have two questions and I'm hoping the forum can guide me:
1) Has anyone else had a similar SmartData billing issue with CellC and if so who should I be speaking to at CellC to gain clarity? Nashua Mobile have been completely ineffective.
2) Can one actually rely on your router cap setting to protect you from massive OOB billing? If CellC is accurate then setting my router CAP to 6GB failed me.
3) Is there any chance that data traversed their network that was not consumed (downloaded or uploaded) by me for which I'm being billed? My usage was much the same as every other month, but my bill is 10x higher??