Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Unroot & Restore Galaxy S i9000

Question Unroot & Restore Galaxy S i9000

So I got my Galaxy S today and rooted it, installed CM9 and it worked OK for a while except it randomly rebooted. This was with CM9.1.0 stable.

Now I want to recover it but cannot seem to get it working. I have already tried flashing in the official 2.3.6 firmware with Odin but when its done it brings up the recovery thing with lots of errors and it simply won't boot into the original firmware.

Any advice on how I can get it unrooted and restored ?
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Did you do a factory wipe/reset ?
    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."
    Bob Dylan

Yip, followed the Wiki steps to the letter.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Trying to load the CM10 nightly build now but CWM 2.5.1 SpeedMod says there is no file on the external SD.... very strange.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sucks man

Got an S i9000 myself, and prefer to keep it OEM, no rooting yet.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Wish I can get it back to OEM mode.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Got an official 2.3.6 firmware and loaded it with Odin. Now the Android system Recover (3e) comes up with an error : e:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/block/stl10

Mmm, seems like the Android fanbois here don't have much in the line of supporting their wonderful devices. Anyways, found out my problem was a rare but fixable one : http://snappybytes.blogspot.com/2012...error-sgs.html
    Got the phone running the ZAF firmware 2.3.3, currently getting 2.3.6 EU firmware.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Speel lekker rond, hoor!
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Thanks, well for those who potentially stumble upon this thread in the future, to unroot your phone simply flash in an official firmware using the the download mode and a tool like Odin.

Must admit it was a lot harder flashing cooked firmware into Symbian phones, but things seldom went screwy like I had today