Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Nokia Lumia 610 - Cell C Internet Problems

Default Nokia Lumia 610 - Cell C Internet Problems

Hi guys. I'm pulling my hair out here. I just got a Nokia Lumia 610 and I just can't seem to connect to the internet. I entered settings manually and even downloaded the Nokia Setup app and entered the settings there. The guy at the Cell C call centre mentioned that they're getting a lot of queries from WP7 users.

The thing is, it connects now and then at home and at work, but most of the time I get an error message or a blank page. Internet, Whatsapp, Market Place, Email - nothing works. (Wifi, MTN and Vodacom work perfectly). I tried the "internet" apn with and without proxy settings, hard resets etc. If it doesn't work out I'll have to get rid of the phone, but I just did a sim swop for a micro sim. I usually change phones every few months, so I won't be stuck with it forever.

I know guys will say get rid of it and get an Adroid phone or iPhone, but I wanted to use something different. This is my third WP7 phone and the others worked perfectly on MTN. The Lumia also works perfectly on MTN and Vodacom, but I've got a Cell C contract.

Anyone else using a WP7 phone on Cell C? Anyone know a way around this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Grandmaster

I know someone with a Lumia 710 that has the same issue. And same with sending MMS.
    Thing is ever since I got my Lumia 800 I haven't touched the internet settings... and it just worked. No issues what so ever.
    Some applications however, like gumtree, 9gag, Pocket Meme, Pulse, etc etc only works via WiFi for some reason, but I don't mind, those are big data apps.
    DALA SQUAD

Loud, Proud and Ombeskof

Quote Originally Posted by Dr@g0nic View Post
    I know someone with a Lumia 710 that has the same issue. And same with sending MMS.
    Thing is ever since I got my Lumia 800 I haven't touched the internet settings... and it just worked. No issues what so ever.
    Some applications however, like gumtree, 9gag, Pocket Meme, Pulse, etc etc only works via WiFi for some reason, but I don't mind, those are big data apps.
    Did you get your phone from Cell C? The one I'm using is Vodacom stock, so the firmware might be different.

Default Vodacom Lumia 610

Im also using lumia 610 on vodacom and im strugglin to connect to the internet.i tried adding the wap settings manualy but nothin happened.can u guys help me out wit the wap settings or vpn information.

I tried this out and it works. I set the network manually to Vodacom and the apn to internet, without any proxy settings. I can finally connect but only on EDGE. It doesn't make a difference to me as there's no Cell C 3G in our area anyway. I mainly need the phone for calls and sms as I have a Blackberry for internet and email. But I just need internet a bit for synchronization and Whatsapp on my Lumia. Let's hope it works and doesn't play up.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by seedat77 View Post
    Did you get your phone from Cell C? The one I'm using is Vodacom stock, so the firmware might be different.
    Nope on Vodacom.
    DALA SQUAD

Loud, Proud and Ombeskof

Quote Originally Posted by Dr@g0nic View Post
    Nope on Vodacom.
    I got mine with vodacom but now in using cell c and i can use internet.

Quote Originally Posted by FairTalk View Post
    I got mine with vodacom but now in using cell c and i can use internet.
    Can you please post your settings here.

Blog Entries

This not a phone problem but a network one. Contact your network data desk to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanr View Post
    This not a phone problem but a network one. Contact your network data desk to assist.
    That's the first thing I did, but after getting the correct settings from Cell C it made no difference. I was told by them to contact Nokia support, who said that it HAS to work if the correct settings are used. The thing is that the exact settings work perfectly on all the other phones I've used.

Having no problems here, never had to configure anything. It works like a bomb.
    You will bruise him on the head, and he will bruise you on the heel.
    When the train of history hits a curve the intellectuals fall off - Marx

Ok, so it seems like quite a few guys are having no problems. Did you download the Nokia network setup application from Marketplace to configure the settings? Can you please post the apn settings that you're using:
    APN:
    Proxy Server / URL:
    Proxy Port:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seedat77 View Post
    Ok, so it seems like quite a few guys are having no problems. Did you download the Nokia network setup application from Marketplace to configure the settings? Can you please post the apn settings that you're using:
    APN:
    Proxy Server / URL:
    Proxy Port:
    Just take your phone and SIM back to the Cell C store to assit you

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanr View Post
    Just take your phone and SIM back to the Cell C store to assit you
    Our local Cell C store is hopeless and I wouldn't bother ever going back there. I'll maybe try some other store this weekend.

I got it working now. I previously tried the Nokia Network Setup app from the Markeplace but only put in the internet settings, as I don't use mms - and it didn't work. This time I put in both the internet and mms settings, and both are working.