Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: 3g signal booster/antenna

Default 3g signal booster/antenna

I connect to internet using my nokia 6680 3g connection.
    Unfortunately I only get 3g signal in one area of my house which limits being able to use a usb cable. I therefore use bluetooth for the connection which seems to work. problem is the 3g signal is not that strong. I have been looking for a 3g booster antenna but these seem to be only available for the data cards.

Anybody know how I can boost 3g signal to a nokia 6680? any suggestions/solutions are worth considering.

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by wlamb
    I connect to internet using my nokia 6680 3g connection.
    Unfortunately I only get 3g signal in one area of my house which limits being able to use a usb cable. I therefore use bluetooth for the connection which seems to work. problem is the 3g signal is not that strong. I have been looking for a 3g booster antenna but these seem to be only available for the data cards.

Anybody know how I can boost 3g signal to a nokia 6680? any suggestions/solutions are worth considering.
    Don't think you're going to come right. As far as I can remember the 6680 does not have an external antenna connector.

The best solution for you might be a 3G router with a high gain external antenna. Lots of forumites use this setup with great results.

Quote Originally Posted by vodacom3g
    Don't think you're going to come right. As far as I can remember the 6680 does not have an external antenna connector.

The best solution for you might be a 3G router with a high gain external antenna. Lots of forumites use this setup with great results.
    Not sure if these guys have a 3G compatible unit yet or how well these devices actually work, but this may be a solution. V3g have you guys tried anything like this?

http://www.poynting.co.za/productdis...id=76&cat_id=2

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by 3g_rox
    Not sure if these guys have a 3G compatible unit yet or how well these devices actually work, but this may be a solution. V3g have you guys tried anything like this?

http://www.poynting.co.za/productdis...id=76&cat_id=2
    This one is only 3G, maybe ask them for a 3G one?