Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: 14yr old boy raped by 18 in SA prison - watch SABC 3, Mon 10/7/06 at 22h30

Grandmaster

Exclamation 14yr old boy raped by 18 in SA prison - watch SABC 3, Mon 10/7/06 at 22h30

Did anyone watch Special Assignment on Tuesday night? I watched it and feel as if I've been kicked in the guts ... and I cannot seem to get over it

If you missed it, and even if you never watch TV, do yourself a favour and watch the repeat of this show - SABC 3, Monday 10 July 2006 at 22h30.

Gayton McKenzie (former Grootvlei prison inmate) recalls witnessing a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD boy being brutally attacked, disfigured and repeatedly raped by 18 prisonsers... for over nine HOURS.

Imagine if this 14yr old were your friend/brother/son!?

This incident must've happened in 2002 or shortly before that. Does anyone know who the boy is... where is he today... is he still alive? Why was he put in a cell with 80 hardened criminals? Who authorised this? EVERYONE involved in putting this child in prison KNEW he would be raped as soon as he arrived!!!

Where are the prison warders who allowed this to happen? Even if they were dismissed, what are they doing for a living today? Probably slithering around... selling drugs to primary school kids.. pimping them off to gangsters all over South Africa!

Related links:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...=19&lr=lang_en

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...1030686J400263

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...d=6&lr=lang_en

Mr Setlai said that the provincial correctional services commissioner, Willem Damons, asked him to destroy the tape. "He said it would damage the image of the department, the government and the country as a whole, and drive investors away." http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...764092,00.html

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...=10&lr=lang_en

http://www.dispatch.co.za/2002/07/16...ica/BRANDY.HTM

"In December 2005 Dion Edwards was arrested for a traffic offence allegedly committed seven years earlier. For two nights he was jailed in the holding cell at the Port Shepstone Police Station. While inside, he was gang-raped.

The next day Dion was released. His arrest had been a bureaucratic blunder." (Two weeks later he committed suicide.) "This could happen to anyone."

"Although the Sexual Offences Bill says otherwise, rape is not gender-specific. Unless this silent epidemic is effectively confronted, South African jails and prisons will continue to serve as safe havens for thousands of serial rapists."

‘For The Boys’ is directed by Hazel Friedman and was largely filmed by Johnny Miller and Brian Uranovsky.

Special Assignment Contacts: Phone: +27 11 714 6757
    Fax: +27 11 714 6254
    E-mail: truth@sabc.co.za

To purchase copies of the program:
    Business Enterprises at the SABC: +27 11 714 8066 or +27 11 714 6959
    E-mail: enterpri@sabc.co.za

http://www.sabcnews.co.za/specialassignment/boys.html
    For those who can't watch it, read the broadcast script: http://www.sabcnews.co.za/specialass...oysscript.html

Jesvs, this is truly fcking tragic and sad...

I was really lucky, I was arrested and spent a night in jail in my matric year, I shared a cell with about 10 other 'hardened criminals', perhaps not quite as 'hardened' but still rough, fortunately they didn't try to mess around.

This happens, yet utter one little word about being pro-prison reformation and you get accused of being on the criminals' side and not the victims' side.

I joined a protest at parliament recently which, amongst other things, was about the reclassification of rape to include men who have been raped.

Grandmaster

lucky indeed.. the few of us who haven't yet been raped/robbed/murdered are truly lucky.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie2
    This happens, yet utter one little word about being pro-prison reformation and you get accused of being on the criminals' side and not the victims' side.

I joined a protest at parliament recently which, amongst other things, was about the reclassification of rape to include men who have been raped.

yeah, that is one of the things that need to be done.. most urgently.

Super Grandmaster

hor-bloody-rific!!
    And to think such animals are classified as human beings!!
    You must really be 'far gone' to be able to do this sort of ghastly action to another fellow human...
    One often wonders whether people doing this sort of acts, will do the same to their family / friends...

Super Grandmaster

Well kinda unrelated.. which is terrible because this is really bad, and honestly if I was that kids family I would nt even know what to do.
    I would usualy joke about his kind of thing, but not when it really happens, just for god dark laughs.

anyway, what bullcrap is ity that they want to let tons of awaiting trial prisoners (smallish crimes) free? Some big pardon every now and again, just to free up prisons, mkaes the politicians look better becuase they can claim prison overcrowding is better?? Yet we all know those people are mostly gangsters who are being let free, and will go on to continue raping our youth/contry if they are let out.

These peopel arent reformed, they are criminals and will kill people when let out, how about you cut some salaries and spend money upgrading and building new prisons it will slove both poroblems here!

Good comment Ekhaatvensters, you make it clear that the only solution is prison reform or the death penalty.... and I absolutely guarentee you that the government is not going to budge on their death penalty stance....

Maybe people should start thinking differently about prison reform.

That is a sick and twisted thing to have happened. The prison system clearly doesn't do it's job of reforming people. Have any other systems been tried anywhere else that have shown some hope of improving this? Something must be done

Quote Originally Posted by JStrike
    That is a sick and twisted thing to have happened. The prison system clearly doesn't do it's job of reforming people. Have any other systems been tried anywhere else that have shown some hope of improving this? Something must be done
    Scotland, or Iceland, or some country up that way has had enormous success in reforming violent criminals. Though admittedly SA's sheer number of violent criminals is probably unmatched anywhere else in the world.

Debbie2 : I would imagine it is much more time and resource intensive, and as such would be able to replace our current system (which needs bolstering in its current form as is). It would be nice to see one or two of these prisons/centres operating here, and if successfull, phase them in over time

JStrike you are right, they were resource-intensive prisons, something that SA cannot afford to do.

Just like it is with affirmative action, the best prison reform is in creating conditions of equal opportunity- water, electricity, food, housing and good education for all is where it should start.

Animals like this who have complete disregard for human life, should get the death penalty. But instead they're kept alive on taxpayers money, then released to kill the taxpayers who kept them alive.
    The govenment is a farce, a circus full of clowns.

This is something I would not want to watch.

This is something I would not want to watch.
    Word! If I watch anything on TV about prisons or male rape it f**ks with my sleep. I plan to just abide the law, and mind my own freakin' business.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast