Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How to check free airtime balance on phone?

Grandmaster

Default How to check free airtime balance on phone?

I can't seem to find a way to check the balance of the extra 7-day free airtime 8ta gives you when you recharge, using the phone. Doing a normal balance check only shows the original, paid airtime.

I can do it online, but that's a hassle for a SIM which is only intended for phone use. I did receive the initial SMS stating the amount of free 7-day airtime added, but how do I check after that please?

Also, the initial SMS said today's free airtime added will expire on 14/11. Is that at the exact time I recharged today, or at midnight at the end of the 14th?
    Last edited by Terencek; 07-11-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: clarification

Hi there.

Are you still having an issue? You should be getting your balances via SMS. Is this not happening? We would like to investigate the matter for you. Let us know.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Grandmaster

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. Yes I do get the initial SMS response (e.g. 'You have recharged with R100 and also have R100 free airtime' etc.) But after that I have still not found a way on my phone to discover how much of the 'free' airtime is left -- calling up a balance in the usual way only shows the 'paid' airtime.

Putting the SIM into a datacard fixes the problem of course because I can then go to the excellent website which shows both figures. But that's a hassle!

Thanks

Please can you PM us your 8ta information as well as alternative contact number so we can check what the problem is and see if we can resolve this for you.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Grandmaster

Thanks for the offer but never mind, this only applies to the extra free airtime so it's not critical or worth pursuing further, and I will go online to check when I need to know how much of it is left!

Just go to onnet.8ta.com from your phone.
    Never pat a burning dog

Grandmaster

Only works from a web-enabled phone!