Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prestigio 7" tablet at Musica for R999

Default Prestigio 7" tablet at Musica for R999

anyone buy it (yet), any thoughts?

Default prestigio 7" tablet at Musica for R999

A tablet for R999 is a steal but you still can't expect a lot, guessing it's the bottom of the range:

Screen Resolution : 800x480
    CPU : Cortex A5

It's like a re-branding of one of those popular Chinese one's which you see on every Chinese online electronics store - identical specs. Pretty decent for R999.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    A tablet for R999 is a steal but you still can't expect a lot, guessing it's the bottom of the range:

Screen Resolution : 800x480
    CPU : Cortex A5

Anything lower than 1280x800 on a 7" tablet is

Grandmaster

Judging from the YouTube reviews, it's a bargain and Prestigio does roll out official Android updates unlike the normal "cheap" manufacturers.
    Nothing....

Bought it and haven't recharged it since the original shelf battery life ran out.

Honestly not impressed - yes it is very cheap, but dont expect to do anything on it other than watching movies. Very sluggish / poor performance, lags every 5 seconds and practically freezes for 30 seconds each time you install a new app.

On the upside, email / keyboard seemed to work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ruknroller View Post
    Bought it and haven't recharged it since the original shelf battery life ran out.

Honestly not impressed - yes it is very cheap, but dont expect to do anything on it other than watching movies. Very sluggish / poor performance, lags every 5 seconds and practically freezes for 30 seconds each time you install a new app.

On the upside, email / keyboard seemed to work ok.
    damn
    thanks man, seems i'll have to hold on until a bargain comes along

are you in jhb area, similar type tablet available for R685 inc vat

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post

Anything lower than 1280x800 on a 7" tablet is
    I would like to buy my almost 3 year old son a tablet and I have a choice between the leappad 2 and an andriod tablet. he loves playing on the ipad, angry birds, fruit slash etc. Would this be a good buy for him. I would have like for it to have a camera though.

The leappad 2 is R1299 and the games price ranges is R299- R399 which I think is a complete rip off.

Any other alternatives would be welcome.
    Thanks

Esquire representative
    Midrand, Durban, CapeTown and Port Elizabeth
    Blog Entries

Wait for our GeeKo Junior, GeeKo Premium and GeeKo Smart Tablet PC ‘s range , these are flying out tomorrow from the factory and hopefully will be here around Friday

These products are absolutely stunning and the price is going to be fantastic as we took forward cover at R8.20/USD$1 for these items
    Need an account ???
    As a member of MyBB you can purchase from us
    Click on the registration link below
    http://shop.esquire.co.za/Page.aspx?ID=821&CS=94

Quote Originally Posted by Ronele View Post
    I would like to buy my almost 3 year old son a tablet and I have a choice between the leappad 2 and an andriod tablet. he loves playing on the ipad, angry birds, fruit slash etc. Would this be a good buy for him. I would have like for it to have a camera though.

The leappad 2 is R1299 and the games price ranges is R299- R399 which I think is a complete rip off.

Any other alternatives would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Just bought the Sansui 7" for my 3 year old niece from hifi corp, she is loving it and it is actually not a bad tab at all, expected much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Wait for our GeeKo Junior, GeeKo Premium and GeeKo Smart Tablet PC s range , these are flying out tomorrow from the factory and hopefully will be here around Friday

These products are absolutely stunning and the price is going to be fantastic as we took forward cover at R8.20/USD$1 for these items
    Thank you please keep me update as I reserved this tablet at musica and will collect tomorrow if i don't find anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Wait for our GeeKo Junior, GeeKo Premium and GeeKo Smart Tablet PC s range , these are flying out tomorrow from the factory and hopefully will be here around Friday

Got any specs on those? My mates looking for a tablet for his 3yr old, he's looking at a ipad
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Quote Originally Posted by jxharding View Post
    anyone buy it (yet), any thoughts?
    Got a link?
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Esquire some specs on those new tablets please
    "If the ANC does to you what the apartheid government did to you, then you must do to the ANC what you did to the apartheid government." Nelson Mandela

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast