Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Cheapest Phone With Android / Whatsapp

Default Cheapest Phone With Android / Whatsapp

Morning Everyone

After my phone (and others) were pinched last week at the pub the insurance is deciding to drag their feet - assisted by the SAPS and CellC not being capable of giving me an ITC number....

Anyway, what is the absolute cheapest phone that one can buy, cash, that has whatsapp or can run android? I'd rather get something cheap and nasty than pay with money I don't have yet from insurance.

Any suggestions?
    No one gives an [expletive]... unless you can describe your problem effectively.

Hi hambone.

I would recommend the Samsung Galaxy Pocket (+/- R950.00) or LG Optimus L3 (+/- R1150.00).

-meh

Quote Originally Posted by AnonZor View Post
    Hi hambone.

I would recommend the Samsung Galaxy Pocket (+/- R950.00) or LG Optimus L3 (+/- R1150.00).
    Thanks for reminding me of the Galaxy Pocket - looks like a gem for the price tag. I'm definately looking for something sub R1000.

Quote Originally Posted by nevadayz View Post
    This suggestion on the other hand. SMH. I'll be sure to remember it when you're looking for helpful advice I am able give. And yes, I currently have a massive sense of humour failure since I have been sans phone for a week.
    No one gives an [expletive]... unless you can describe your problem effectively.

If you only want a phone for Whatsapp, try a nokia x2-01. It's Very cheap. Can always ditch it later

Quote Originally Posted by nevadayz View Post
    Was that answer supposed to be constued as the truth, or did you have a temporary lack of intelligence?
    Either way, if you don't have anything positive to add to the query, rather keep your opinions to yourself.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (Black)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II (Grey)
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (White)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Black) x 2

Samsung Galaxy Pocket gets an up-vote from me.

My maid got one just the start of the month and asked me to set it up for her. Was impressed with all the features and functioning of the device. Only concern I had was the screen size.
    For your normal functioning like Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Mail and the odd browsing it was OK. Just do not expect to play games on it. Angy Birds and Cut the rope works but Temple run was not an option (Screen size issue not CPU) Also, swipe like keyboard(Swype/Touchpal) on this screen is must, well unless you have toothpicks for fingers.

Voice navigation and Voice actions also worked fine so overall I would say its a great entry level device. Just do not expect to type a lot on it.

Super Grandmaster

The pocket is good value for money. If you can find a Motorola Milestone though, get that. What an epic phone.

Game have the Galaxy Pocket advertised in their specials this weekend (Thursday to Sunday) at R899 on prepaid.

Thank you all for the suggestions - I eventually went for the pocket: R899, white from 8ta and Ackermans.