Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Ios 6.0.1 OTA Update Failed

Default Ios 6.0.1 OTA Update Failed

I have a iphone 4s, which is running iOS 5.01. This morning I attempted the OTA update. It told me i needed 2.5Gb of storage space, so i deleted some apps and started the update with 2.7Gb of free memory. The update took about two hours. When it got to the end, it said "preparing the update". About 5 minutes later,it gave me the following message: "Software update failed,an error occurred downloading ios 6.0.1".

When i tried to restart the update, it wanted to start start at the beginning.
    My phone is not corrupted or anything, but 100mb is now occupied compared to when i started. Anyone know what could have gone wrong?

A whole number of things could have gone wrong, just restart the update

I had the same issue multiple times... the only thing that worked for me was downloading the standalone install files, and using iTunes doing a full restore and update...

Remondpie usually has the links to the standalone files...

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmw View Post
    Are you jailbroken ?

(same thing) -
    Yes, i jailbroke my device. Is this the same for ios6 update?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    A whole number of things could have gone wrong, just restart the update
    Like what? My wireless connection was steady, the phone had memory and enough battery. This thing chows 700mb at a time, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by gtway View Post
    I had the same issue multiple times... the only thing that worked for me was downloading the standalone install files, and using iTunes doing a full restore and update...

Remondpie usually has the links to the standalone files...
    Tx gtway, i found the link for the direct download.
    http://www.redmondpie.com/download-i...-direct-links/

I am trying to update my iPhone 4S with IOS6, it start to download and then after a while it stop and display that I do not have permission.

I have tried a few times to update both iPad3 and Iphone 4S and both come up with the same message.

I do not use jailbreak.

Also does anybody know where I can buy OS Mountain Lion. I do not have the facility to buy online or Cards to buy online.

I have asked iStore in Clearwater and they say that can get the software for me, but so far they have done nothing.

Spoke to Core Client centre and the Supervisor in charge said that she will find a shop that can download it for me and then I can pay them, but So far no word from her or e-mail.