Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Yes...... another 2.1 speaker question thread.

Grandmaster

Question Yes...... another 2.1 speaker question thread.

I've been thinking of getting myself a set of Logitech Z-2300 but I'm not really an audiophile so they might be wasted on me. I'm only going to use them for gaming and watching DVDs. Would it be worth it? Shouldn't I maybe get something that's maybe a bit cheaper like the Creative SBS series or the Logitech X series.

It has to be a 2.1 system tho. Comments?

The toxicity of our city
    ...........__~o............____.....
    ........../``.....\........./DDDD\....
    .........|\/\/\/\..\....../DDDDDD\...
    .(\ /)............\..\.../DDDDDDDD\..
    .(O.o)<------...\..\/DDTELKOMDD\.
    .(> <)............/__|_____________|.
    .........|\/\/\//....//..............\\...
    .........\___/...|_|..............|_|
    !!!Run Bunny Run!!!
    Just Keep Swimming!

Super Grandmaster

Okay well i have the SBS series, as well as my new Altec Lansing MX5021's.. they cost more that the z-2300, very audiophile. I love them..

And a friend of mine has the X series...

Basically, the SBS are great for the price, very cheap. But the X series is probably worth the extra money if you want to spend it. Especially if you dont want much music, cause they can sound a bit weird for that.. games and DVD would probably be thier stronger point.

I'd say just for the bass power in games and movies get the z-2300's. Also depends what kind of sound you want, if you do listen to good (not rap/hip hop) msic on your PC you could also check out my new Altecs.
    The z-2300's are very powerfull, so if you need that it would be a plus, otherwise you are gonna pay alot of money just for power, and if your never gonna crank them dont bother. The chewaper ones sound good on lowish volumes.

Grandmaster

Hmmmmmm, BF2 with the volume cranked up high should be interesting.

I'll make up my mind tomorrow. My thanks to the windows hater.
    The toxicity of our city
    !!!Run Bunny Run!!!
    Just Keep Swimming!

i got to say i prefer playing bf 2 with headphones on

my creative headphone just sound awesome , much better than any speaker system

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob
    i got to say i prefer playing bf 2 with headphones on

my creative headphone just sound awesome , much better than any speaker system
    That is true most of the time. But headphones also just arent as cool sometimes, i think being able to actually feel the bass through you body and the room has its advantages over headphones.

Anyway, my headphones sound alot better now that I have my new speakers, since they go through the speakers amp. They are much easier to plug in and they share the Altec controls so I can set everything (bass, treble) from the remote.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin
    Hmmmmmm, BF2 with the volume cranked up high should be interesting.

I'll make up my mind tomorrow. My thanks to the windows hater.
    Oh and let us know what you deciede. Id like to hear what you think abotu the z-2300's if you get them. Or about the X-230's, because they sounded a bit weird to me when i heard them..

Grandmaster

I've got the cash so I might as well get the Z-2300. If there's stock I'll get it tomorrow and let you know. But to be honest, anything is better than i have now: Premium 2.1 speakers........ They were like R150.
    The toxicity of our city
    !!!Run Bunny Run!!!
    Just Keep Swimming!

Like I did in the previous thread, allow me to pimp the z-3 and z-4. They are about 1/2 and 3/4 of the z-2300's price, and the reviews are generally very positive. They also look great.

I got the Z3s and they not that cool. They dont play that loud and full or min volume bass sounds the same. I wouldnt buy them again if i had ther chance. Now also got my Altecs like EKHAATVENSTERS and they rock. If you have the money go for those instead of Logitechs although they are for music (not what you want) but for movies they are THX certified and games sound pretty cool too although maybe huge bass Z2300s would sound better in games. Btw EKHAATVENSTERS you sound like a walking advert for the MX5021s........ although thats understandable.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by 4nT1_8unNy
    I got the Z3s and they not that cool. They dont play that loud and full or min volume bass sounds the same. I wouldnt buy them again if i had ther chance. Now also got my Altecs like EKHAATVENSTERS and they rock. If you have the money go for those instead of Logitechs although they are for music (not what you want) but for movies they are THX certified and games sound pretty cool too although maybe huge bass Z2300s would sound better in games. Btw EKHAATVENSTERS you sound like a walking advert for the MX5021s........ although thats understandable.
    Shut up po3s Bunny. You said they rock, I said i love them. How am I a walking advertisement. lol

But I agree, the Z-3 arent that worth it. You shouldnt really be pimping them, have you heard them, or just going by reviews. Cause those arent always totaly accurate and can be very variable.
    if you gonna pay R650, rather spash out on the z-2300's you'll be ALOT happier.

Oh and Alex, you must have played war3 with the Altecs by now, they sound really cool with that... bass is cool. The rest sounds nice and clear etc..

Once again I think for you the z-2300's are best. Unless you listen to music alot.

Hey Toxin you could buy my Z3s from me if you want them. (I dont). They almost new.