Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Problem with 128k sim and data card

Default Problem with 128k sim and data card

my 128k sim works perfectly in my mobile fone , however with the mtn e620 data card ,i cannot make calls and cannot connect , fails on authentication , i can however send sms from my data card , Vodacom and MTN cards working perfectly in the data card ,

any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by 3Gee
    my 128k sim works perfectly in my mobile fone , however with the mtn e620 data card ,i cannot make calls and cannot connect , fails on authentication , i can however send sms from my data card , Vodacom and MTN cards working perfectly in the data card ,

any suggestions
    If you look at the other posts, "Authentication" then you will see that there is a problem at the moment and they are busy sorting it out. My 128k sim also doesn't work since yesterday. Believe me, there is nothing wrong with the sim, it works perfectly. They must just get the problem sorted.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Since 4-Oct-13
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Since 21-Jan-13
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Since 13-Feb-14

thanks for the reply , what about makin calls with data card, i cant make calls , only send SMS ,

thanks for the reply , what about makin calls with data card, i cant make calls , only send SMS ,
    Did you follow these steps:

The steps to take when you receive your card:

1. Remember to go to "Control Panel", "Phone & Modem Settings", "Choose your modem" and insert the following string: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","vdata","",0,0

2. Activate your SIM. *124*1*yournumber#

3. Dial 123 and ask them to activate DATA on your sim

4. If they ask your details tell them that you have a Virgin Mobile number and that they can link the two then you don't have to give all your details again.

5. Make a billable call from your Virgin Mobile sim. (10-15sec) You can do from your MTN Fasklink Software.

6. Connect to the net and enjoy the Cheapest Prepaid Mobile Internet in South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesang
    Did you follow these steps:

The steps to take when you receive your card:

1. Remember to go to "Control Panel", "Phone & Modem Settings", "Choose your modem" and insert the following string: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","vdata","",0,0

2. Activate your SIM. *124*1*yournumber#

3. Dial 123 and ask them to activate DATA on your sim

4. If they ask your details tell them that you have a Virgin Mobile number and that they can link the two then you don't have to give all your details again.

5. Make a billable call from your Virgin Mobile sim. (10-15sec) You can do from your MTN Fasklink Software.

6. Connect to the net and enjoy the Cheapest Prepaid Mobile Internet in South Africa.
    The card is working perfectly in my cellphone , its only with the data card that i cannot make calls , i will call 123 to have data activated

The card is working perfectly in my cellphone , its only with the data card that i cannot make calls , i will call 123 to have data activated
    That is strange. The 128k sim is not suppose to work in a phone, only in a data card. When I insert the 128k sim into my phone, I don't get a signal at all.

Maybe your sim is not set up properly yet. How long do you have the sim now?

well the card definetely working in my cell phone , thats how i activated the card , how do i no if it is a 128k sim , what i have noticed is that the pattern in sim card is different

well the card definetely working in my cell phone , thats how i activated the card , how do i no if it is a 128k sim , what i have noticed is that the pattern in sim card is different
    Yes, the "gold plate" is more round than a square.

You are correct yes, it will work in the phone to activate it but after that it's not supposed to work.

i just tested the sim again in my cellphone , working perfectly

an update , i can make calls on my data card and cellphone , only problem is that "authentification" failed when connecting with the data card

an update , i can make calls on my data card and cellphone , only problem is that "authentification" failed when connecting with the data card
    Ok, you're getting there. Still waiting for a reply from the techies regarding the Authentication problem.

Will post under "Authentication Problems" as soon as I have a answer.