Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 167 of 277 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4150

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4

MyBB Legend

I see MJ8 is available. Going to download it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    Nope, I just installed the tar.md5 file. I didn't install anything else.
    Oh okay, that explains it.
    You need to change CSC to get OTA updates. All you need to do is Root, then go to PlayStore, get the Change CSC app. Just beware, changing CSC formats the phone.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 LTE 32GB Charcoal Black
    Apple iPad 4 16GB WIFI+LTE White
    "World can't hold me, too much ambition."

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_011 View Post
    Oh okay, that explains it.
    You need to change CSC to get OTA updates. All you need to do is Root, then go to PlayStore, get the Change CSC app. Just beware, changing CSC formats the phone.
    Eish, thanks. I do not want to format What if I install the new MJ8? Would I need to flash the CSC as well as the ROM? Certain ROMs come with the extra files and others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGC View Post
    So what's the verdict? Worth doing the available 4.3 or still worth the wait?
    It's a tough one!

Screen contrast and colours seem improved. Text is clearer and generally icons, widgets etc seem slightly sharper which is AWESOME!!

Scrolling through homepages and native apps feels a lot more responsive and very smooth but unfortunately that same smoothness is missing in some 3rd party apps. Gmail and K9 are really bad for me!! Might just be me though, cause Mercurial hasn't noticed this degradation using Gmail. Most of my other installed apps are running perfectly so I've decided to live with the stuttering Gmail in the hopes that an update is forthcoming. K9 was unusable for me!! Very disappointing and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this on 4.3?

I'm also experiencing poor battery performance on this version and I'm running a custom rom renown for improved battery drainage (Wanamlite).

Overall though, I'm sticking with it but I would recommend waiting a bit...
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Anyone tried the Russian Android 4.3 ROM?
    Eish, thanks. I do not want to format What if I install the new MJ8? Would I need to flash the CSC as well as the ROM? Certain ROMs come with the extra files and others don't.
    Yep, even if you load the new ROM, if you want OTA the CSC has to be changed.

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_011 View Post
    Anyone tried the Russian Android 4.3 ROM?

Yep, even if you load the new ROM, if you want OTA the CSC has to be changed.
    Okay, cool. So I need the CSC from SA or India (if I installed Indian ROM)?

Lots of people got rid of the Russian ROM and used the Indian one. Too much bloatware.

Thanks mercurial

Yep, you need the Indian CSC if you're using the Indian ROM, make sure you get the correct CSC as I see there are two Indian CSCs, if you got the INU ROM then INU CSC is what you'll select. The CSCs are already in the phone, just requires root and that app to access the menu to change it.

MyBB Legend

Aah, I see. Thanks.

Thanks mate. Interesting reading.

In my haste I just never clicked that I'm going onto a different version of Android and I'd have to wipe. So I've done so and I'm in the middle of copy my sd card back before getting my apps back on.

Well with KitKat 4.4 announced... When do you think we'll see this available on the i9500 if we don't even have 4.3?

And do I understand correct that 4.4 will work on older devices too? So if Samsung are the ones that need to release the software and they haven't even given us 4.3 yet, then how on earth will we ever see this realize

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
    Thanks mate. Interesting reading.

In my haste I just never clicked that I'm going onto a different version of Android and I'd have to wipe. So I've done so and I'm in the middle of copy my sd card back before getting my apps back on.
    Pleasure. Here's a link for MJ8 (INU) - https://my.pcloud.com/#page=publink&...SSKFhWhR2vOTry

Pleasure. Here's a link for MJ8 (INU) - https://my.pcloud.com/#page=publink&...SSKFhWhR2vOTry
    So I did a factory wipe and when I rebooted, it automatically downloaded an update, and lo and behold, 16.5mb later I'm on MJ8 (I flashed the original MJ5)

I should say I'm in Senegal just now so no idea if it works back home in SA or what the deal is.

So anyway, all hunky dory there, but the biggest surprise is the difference in the phone after the factory wipe. For example, the clarity in the screen is amazing. But I never noticed a change for the first few days after I flashed 4.3, that only came with the wipe. Obviously the wipe is essential and I remover doing it before changing to JB from ICS etc but as I said, I just never clicked this was a new version amd not just a new number. They obviously never gave it another name with Kit Kat being released hot on the heels of 4.3.

And it clearly is more than a 4.2.3 upgrade. It just seems so, well, smooth and fluid. Not that it wasn't before, but it's certainly an improvement over what it was although it's hard to quantify just now as I've justice been playing with it for an hour or so.

Bit for anyone sitting on the fence, don't wait. Get in now

...tomorrow when I finish with class... just before I start studying for exams :P

Anyone here running CyanogenMod 10.2 on their i9500?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGC View Post
    ...tomorrow when I finish with class... just before I start studying for exams :P
    Fun NOW, study later!

I say that because I'm already done for the year, hehe

Page 167 of 277 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 ... LastLast