Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sansui Cosmic Smart Phone

Default Sansui Cosmic Smart Phone

Hi,

Does anyone know what phone this is, as advertised by HiFi Corp http://www.hificorp.co.za/download-specials/ weekly specials. I missed the Huawei P1 special, and I'm looking for a 5" screen sized Android phone for my mother, and this looks like a good deal. But I'm not sure that you get a dual core A8, seems like some rebranded Chinese phone because of the dual sim functionality. Any advice appreciated.

Phone specs as advertised:

* Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    * 5" Capacitive Iris display
    * 1 GHz Dual Core Cortex A8 CPU
    * 4 GB Storage & Mirco SD up to 32 GB
    * Bluetooth & GPS
    * 5.0mp Rear camera
    * VGA Front camera
    * Dual sim
    * HSDPA & Wifi
    * 1 year warranty

R1999.99

Ok, found some evidence that the the Cortex-A8 is a single processor architecture. So not sure about the advertising.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by broloks View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know what phone this is, as advertised by HiFi Corp http://www.hificorp.co.za/download-specials/ weekly specials. I missed the Huawei P1 special, and I'm looking for a 5" screen sized Android phone for my mother, and this looks like a good deal. But I'm not sure that you get a dual core A8, seems like some rebranded Chinese phone because of the dual sim functionality. Any advice appreciated.

Phone specs as advertised:

* Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    * 5" Capacitive Iris display
    * 1 GHz Dual Core Cortex A8 CPU
    * 4 GB Storage & Mirco SD up to 32 GB
    * Bluetooth & GPS
    * 5.0mp Rear camera
    * VGA Front camera
    * Dual sim
    * HSDPA & Wifi
    * 1 year warranty

R1999.99
    That's not a bad price.

I noticed this deal as well. I would love to use the phone to see if it's any good! And Ram? I would guess it has 512 MB, which is not ideal for Android 4. I wonder if they have it on display.

I was at Atterbury HiFi Corp this morning when they opened. They did not have stock, and lady told me that none of the Pretoria stores have stock. If anybody gets one, please let us know what you think.

These days cellphones with 512MB RAM are becoming useless, if you use multiple applications whatsapp, viber and email accounts the memory tends to fill up. Sometimes the browser can have a foot print of few hundred megs. The new phones come with 2Ghz cpu and 2GB of ram.

Quote Originally Posted by claudirim View Post
    These days cellphones with 512MB RAM are becoming useless, if you use multiple applications whatsapp, viber and email accounts the memory tends to fill up. Sometimes the browser can have a foot print of few hundred megs. The new phones come with 2Ghz cpu and 2GB of ram.
    For the price you cant expect much more. 512MB is not ideal but is ok for most tasks. I have never seen the browser on android eating a few hundred megs.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Quote Originally Posted by claudirim View Post
    I beg to differ. 512MB RAM is ideal for basic use... For me 2Ghz cpu and 2GB of ram in a phone is pointless. What do we really need it for playing games? I play Need for Speed Most wanted on my phone with 512MB Ram so I'm still happy
    Last edited by mouks; 13-02-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    ............Take Me to your Leader.............

Grandmaster

Yeah 512mb should be enough if you are using a few apps at a time.
    Nothing....

Hmm eyeing this device. Anyone have it? It's R1999 again.
    “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
    Afrihost Mobile speedtest: http://goo.gl/IT606Y!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Khanya View Post
    Hmm eyeing this device. Anyone have it? It's R1999 again.
    Full review here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...phone-R1999-00
    Nothing....

Thanks.
    “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
    Afrihost Mobile speedtest: http://goo.gl/IT606Y!

Based on your experiences, Is this phone compatible with SKYPE, GPS, YOU Tube, Whatsapp.

Above all is it detected when you try to install apps from Google Play and other apps from the internet. Kindly Assist since l would like to buy this phone but l just want to know what lm getting myself into.

Thanks in Advance

I see the last post was a while ago already but in case anyone is still interested.... I bought a Sansui Cosmic as a cheap replacement while my Motorola XT910 was being fixed. I didnt expect much but am pleasantly surprised. It works well, Skype and Whatsapp, the battery last longer than my Motorola and my old Galaxy S2, and you get a spare battery in the box. It is dual core (my IT-guy husband checked) and the two sims also work well. No problems so far, Its quite a pleasure to use.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cecebass View Post
    I see the last post was a while ago already but in case anyone is still interested.... I bought a Sansui Cosmic as a cheap replacement while my Motorola XT910 was being fixed. I didnt expect much but am pleasantly surprised. It works well, Skype and Whatsapp, the battery last longer than my Motorola and my old Galaxy S2, and you get a spare battery in the box. It is dual core (my IT-guy husband checked) and the two sims also work well. No problems so far, Its quite a pleasure to use.
    Whats the camera like?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast