Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast

Thread: A list of government corruption...

Quote Originally Posted by JonnStar View Post
    I would assume technology and the media today exposes a lot more than what was possible back then though. But would be interesting nonetheless.
    Possible or even legal back then. It was illegal to speak out against the government for most of the people in the country. It was called "treason" or even stranger still "communism".

Instead of a thread on a forum , why not create a website to adress the corruption and its consequences in South Africa?
    Imagine a website where all forms of goverment corruption is listed along with the cost of the corruption. Then the cost should add up to a total on the webpage. This total should then be linked to how many hungry children can be fed with that money, or how many homes can be built...etc. Basically show the actual cost/effect of the cANCer goverment corruption.

They can have SAVE THE RHINO Facebook page so maybe a STOP CORRUPTION Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnStar View Post
    I would assume technology and the media today exposes a lot more than what was possible back then though. But would be interesting nonetheless.
    Especially since we have a free media. Back then the media was just a government mouth piece telling us how everything was hunky dory. I think a lot of the percieved decline in South Africa has a lot to do with the increase in the media's ability to report the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_choir_drunk View Post
    Especially since we have a free media. Back then the media was just a government mouth piece telling us how everything was hunky dory. I think a lot of the percieved decline in South Africa has a lot to do with the increase in the media's ability to report the truth.
    The pot holes in my road are real, the frequent power outages are real. It wasn't always like this.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Additions made to the list.

It just keeps growing, and growing and growing.

Please continue to post the corruption here for me to add to the OP...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Suggestion: Is it possible to perhaps prefix the list items with a date and possibly some links for reference?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDude4Eva View Post
    Suggestion: Is it possible to perhaps prefix the list items with a date and possibly some links for reference?
    There is simply too much corruption for me to do so, and I doubt the forum will allow that many hyperlinks. It really would take me forever to go back and links and date each of those entries...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    There is simply too much corruption for me to do so, and I doubt the forum will allow that many hyperlinks. It really would take me forever to go back and links and date each of those entries...
    But why DJ? What if half the list originates from your imagination?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saksakgp View Post
    But why DJ? What if half the list originates from your imagination?
    What if monkeys could fly? What ifs are not arguments.

If you don't like the thread, believe that I am untrustworthy, and do not feel like clicking on this thread again to see more corruption without links and time-stamps, then don't open the thread.

Not everyone though is out to screw you over. The entire list is legit. In fact you can google each one yourself and find the stories if you like. It is simply not feasible for me to link to each and every instance of government corruption as the government have spent the better part of trillions of rands committing it.

Instead, you are welcome to simply copy-pasta in google and find the stories yourself...

Well threads like this are prone to get buried thus reducing their IRL effect...aside from that...do carry on...
    Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Well threads like this are prone to get buried thus reducing their IRL effect...aside from that...do carry on...
    I'm sure the government won't let us bury this thread. They're quite consistently corrupt in my experience, and the sticky helps...

Won't make 702/CarteBlanche. If you want IRL effect then thats what is needed and you know it.

Again...not disapproving, just wary of the futileness.
    Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Won't make 702/CarteBlanche. If you want IRL effect then thats what is needed and you know it.
    Collating info is just the first step. Later down the line I might get someone to pull in all of the relevant data as well. It will get more priority later in the year if I can...

Someone who is good with graphics should make a nice big infographic poster that can put the 20-30 Billion rand that is lost on corruption every year into perspective in every day items. For instance, it can show that the money lost to corruption can build x many houses, build y many schools, feed z many people, build so many hospitals or clinics. Put that on a nice infographic poster that will go viral on the internet, and just maybe some of these muppets will start to see the light.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast