Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Sentech-Nelspruit

Default Sentech-Nelspruit

I would like to start this thread for Sentech users in the Nelspruit area. This is to confirm problems and co-ordinate. Can not get info from Nowire on problems in Nelspruit. Phoning Sentech is good for a laugh if you have a couple of hours to waist, while they answer the phone. Would like to cut all the BS we get fed and get to the core. Half the time I cannot ascertain whether problems are from my side or whether it is Network related. When we call the help-lines and they say you are the only one experiencing problems we can nail the buggers.

Post Sentech Towers in Nelspruit

List of Sentech Towers in Nelspruit and structure:

2 Main Base Stations with diff panels:
    1. Steiltis High Site with
    a) Panel 50 facing towards Town
    b) Panel 60 facing towards Sonheuwel
    2. Boston Building in town
    a) Panel 116 facing towards Rob Feirreira Hospital
    b) Panel 126 facing towards Ferreira Str or what ever street the decide to call it now
    c) Panel 36 facing towards Riverside Mall

Panel 36 and 116 are not stable at the moment. Fors ome reason 36 siganal strengh varies with Sentech users at Riverside park and Mall having intermittent service. Happening +/-6 months. Some are able to connect on 116 if 36 goes down, but most can pick up the signal but not able to connect on 116, because of Sentech's unearthly wisdom of keeping connections down to 6km's. Controlled through latency of client to base station. 90% of the users are within 6km's, so one would summise that it is reflected signal. Sentech and Nowire have been informed on numerous occasions but nothing is done. Nowire can only report to Sentech and I presume that Sentech's army of experts in their national operating centre are to busy finishing there game Battflefield 1942 to really take the time out to understand and operate their own network.

Unhappy I asked

I already asked so we can get a sticky for our town as well, it was completely ignored, i guess South Africa is Pretoria, jhb and capetown...

Quote Originally Posted by converge-it View Post
    I would like to start this thread for Sentech users in the Nelspruit area. This is to confirm problems and co-ordinate. Can not get info from Nowire on problems in Nelspruit. Phoning Sentech is good for a laugh if you have a couple of hours to waist, while they answer the phone. Would like to cut all the BS we get fed and get to the core. Half the time I cannot ascertain whether problems are from my side or whether it is Network related. When we call the help-lines and they say you are the only one experiencing problems we can nail the buggers.

Has anybody experienced probs in NST with Panel 116, AKA NodeB 2 @ Boston building in NST. Have lost total signal. Secretary died of dehydration while waiting for Sentech Help-line to answer.

I know this is off topic, but why don't you guys either switch to Iburst or get adsl? Are the costs much different or more than Sentech? I'm not familliar with Sentech costs
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

teraside - most Sentech users have signed a 24 month contract, making it very difficult for us to just up and leave. Like myself, some Sentech customers are riding out Sentech's bad service because of the substantially higher cap they offer.
    ADSL is cheaper, if you're not fussed about the cap, but there is a waiting list of 6 months in some cases, which most people cant afford to sit arround and wait for

Thumbs down Tower 126

Hi, i've been experiencing some problems with tower 126, mainly frequent timeouts trying to ping either the second hop or google, has anyone experienced this? Also, internation latency has increased again!

cheers,
    AS

Unhappy Tower 116

It seems tower 116 is experiencing some problems, this has not been confirmed by me but i was told by 3 persons that use that antenna.

Tower 116, is that the one on Boston building, no problem there according Sentech Official Philosophy in their approach to their Network "If a tree falls in a forest and one does not actually see it fall, did it actually happen" Sentech's answer "It was never there in the first place, so there can be no problem". Translation "Get ADSL".
    For any Sentech Employees who can actually read and write, or "wow" can actually navigate the internet !Chief Techie and CEO! Notice. Panel 116 is DOWN!!! VERNIETIG!!! GONE!!!! VERMOES!!!! AISSSHHH!!!!

Angry No wire problems

Can anyone help me ? I've had enough ! The service of sentech and nowire is driving me up the wall. It is always something with them. Half the time the tower is off or there is a problem with international websites and now it is with my account. Last month they send me an sms saying if I don't pay within 36 hours I WILL be disconneted So I phoned them and after NUMEROUS phonecall I were told to give them bankstatements as fas as a year back. I did that Fax them the proof of payments for every month and finally convinced them I'm not in arrears. Well today I received the same sms So now I'm at the end of my rope I can't handle the poor service anymore Is there ANY way to get out of the GODFORSAKEN contract So far I've completed about 18 months of my 24 month contract

This is pathetic, i mean, there is no service for i dont know how many hours, been very erratic since 6 days ago!!!???!!?

i just about fed up with sentech