Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: CellC DATA THEFT and NO customer service

Default CellC DATA THEFT and NO customer service

I am going to refrain form excessive bitching, but here is the summary

1. Bought (R 1800) and activated a Giga200 (50GB peak data and 150GB off-peak data) package on 12 December 2012.
    2. I was allocated pro-rata data to 31 December according to the sales staff at Cell-C shop at the Boulders in Midrand.
    3. To date (3 Feb 2013) I have used 16.6 GB Upload and download in total.
    4. On 30 January I got a message stating that I should recharge. I purchased a 500mb bundle from FNB.
    5. On 31 January I got another message stating that I should recharge. I again purchased a 500mb bundle from FNB.
    6. On 1 February I got ANOTHER message saying I should recharge.
    7. On Friday 1 February at 06:40 I started engaging with Cell-C helpdesk (140 from cellc Sim)
    8. They are @#%$^#$%^ useless, but eventually logged a call with "networks" Reff# 3020100084 and confirmed 24-48 hours resolution
    9. It is now 09:54 3 February and to date no resolution or call to inform what is going on.

Here is a list of calls to the (GOD)help (you) desks and reference numbers.

01-02-2013 spoke to Thareshen Gounden - DBN Reff#: 3020100084 - Call Duration: 19 minutes
    01-02-2013 spoke to Paulina Maichu - JHB - No refference number provided - Call Duration 20 minutes, promised to transfer me to Thamo Mokwena the team leader, but cut the call off.
    01-02-2013 spoke to Lungile Ntuli she said Zanele is her team leader, but refused to transffer me, I eventually spoke to Sheldeen Saib who promised to resolve the issue. She later called back to inform me that the problem would be resolved by 09:00 on 2 February 2013.
    3/02/2012 @ 08:03 spoke to Bevigie Mudaly (084 155 5555) she provided me with Ref#1739235 and told me to wait another 24-48 hours.

I am beyond postal!!! CellC, sort this out and I want an additional free month as restitution.

You say abou purchasing Giga200 and then about pro-rata allocation. It is conflicting, as pro-rata applies only for contract packages and Giga200 is prepaid product.
    You didn't read T&C, as you believed in pro-rata.
    You didn't check if you have really Giga200 avtivated. Any balance check from the beginning? I doubt so.
    Lastly, you logged a dispute on Friday and expect resolution during weekend? Usually they talk about business hours.
    I agree Customer Centre is useless. Your first step should be in the shop you purchased product. I think Cell_C will sort it out, but be patient. PM Cell_C your details.
    Last edited by sajunky; 03-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.

I am under the impression he has a GIGA contract, unless he was running torrents and left the download running in the background to seed(share with others). I was under the impression that GIGA 200 Prepaid is loaded from the word go and no such thing as pro-rata.

http://www.cellc.co.za/giganite Please take time to read T&C...

If you don't come right with the DATA support desk, rather come onto the forum and (PM- private message DM - Direct Message) the rep or get CELLC SUPPORT on twitter. They very helpful and active on twitter and on here. They will escalate to the correct department.
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

RichardG, having read the T&Cs (below for ease of reference) as per your suggestion things are still unclear:

1. It does not specify anything about when data is allocated (is it the 1st of the month, or is it on activation date)?
    2. Yes the GIGA 200 is prepaid, and it was activated on the 12th of December.
    3. My TOTAL usage logs for both up and downloads from 12 December 2012 to 2 February 2013 is 16.6 GB yet I am told to recharge.

Giga 200 Prepaid Terms and Conditions

1. All prices shown include VAT
    2. On Giga 200 you will receive 50GB Peak Data and 150GB Midnight data (i.e. between midnight and 6am).
    3. The Giga 200 package is ONLY for use on the Cell C Network. National roaming on the Vodacom network is not allowed on this product.
    4. Giga is only applicable on the Cell C Internet APN (Blackberry APN is excluded).
    5. The Giga 200 offer is available for a once-off fee, which shall include:
    5.1 A Cell C data enabled SIM card;
    5.2 50GB peak data and 150GB midnight data, which shall be valid for 365 days
    6. The SIM card obtained when purchasing this data bundle offer may be used for non-data usage if such SIM is inserted into a handset. Non-data usage shall include SMS, voice calls and MMS. Non-data usage (voice, SMS and MMS) shall be billed as per the 99c for real tariff plan.
    7. The Cell C 99c For Real prepaid tariff plan and business rules apply. These can be found at www.cellc.co.za or at a Cell C store
    8. All standard Terms and Conditions of Cell C (Pty) Ltd and Cell C Service Provider (Pty) Ltd apply. These Terms and Conditions can be found at www.cellc.co.za/about/documents or a Cell C store.
    9. Standard RICA process and business rules apply. These processes and business rules can be found at www.cellc.co.za/about/rica
    10. Your connection speed will depend: on the speed stick used, the coverage in your area and the network conditions. Visit www.cellc.co.za/coveragemap for the Cell C coverage map or call the call centre on 084147 for general queries, or ask in a Cell C store.
    11. The SIM shall be provisioned to access Cell C's HSPA+ network.
    12. Local, peak time data usage (National and on the Cell C Network ONLY) will be deducted from the 50GB balance until it has been fully depleted OR the expiry date is reached (whichever should come first).
    13. Local, midnight time data usage (National and on the Cell C Network ONLY) will be deducted from the 150GB balance until it has been fully depleted OR the expiry date is reached (whichever should come first).
    14. The out of bundle rate per MB of DATA (peak and off-peak) is 15c/MB
    15. Data may not and cannot be transferred from one user to another or converted into Rand value.
    16. Upon expiration there shall be no rollover of unused data to the following year.
    17. Should the customer deplete his/her data allocation before the end of the 365 day validity period for the Giga 200GB (50GB peak and 150GB midnight) SIM, he/she can:
    a. recharge with a Cell C SmartData voucher,
    b. load a Cell C DATA bundle or
    c. load and use airtime.
    18. Cell C reserves the right at any time to vary these terms and conditions or to withdraw the Giga 200 offer should it be required to do as a result of and law or any changes to the law. In such event, it is important that all subscribers who have activated the Giga 200 offer understand that they waive any rights that they may have against Cell C and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against Cell C, their directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, sponsors, agents or consultants.

To clear out all the clutter around your request, I guess your real question is, Why did you have to reload data after only 16GB of usage.
    The Ts&Cs are quite clear about data allocation - point 5. Pro rata doesn't apply - it's prepaid, allocated when the SIM is activated and you can use it all on day 1 if you so wish, and whatever you don't use after 365 days goes down the cyberdrain.

Check your balance on the Cell C 3G dongle software - or put your SIM in a phone, dial *147# and check your balance..? Maybe those msgs to reload data was sent incorrectly

Quote Originally Posted by Duan View Post
    RichardG, having read the T&Cs (below for ease of reference) as per your suggestion things are still unclear:

1. It does not specify anything about when data is allocated (is it the 1st of the month, or is it on activation date)?
    2. Yes the GIGA 200 is prepaid, and it was activated on the 12th of December.
    3. My TOTAL usage logs for both up and downloads from 12 December 2012 to 2 February 2013 is 16.6 GB yet I am told to recharge.
    1. Point 5 says clear enough: 50+150 valid for...
    2. You have received all data preloaded at December 12. But you haven't checked *147# on the start or shortly after.
    3. You must specify what software is responsible for stats. The only reliable is software which works by querying modem for statistics. You need to be aware that statistics are broken if you have power cuts, or shutting down OS without closing down connection first. But you don't know how reliable it is, as you have never compared it with network response.