Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You are currently softcapped - Telkom uncapped service?

Default You are currently softcapped - Telkom uncapped service?

Just went into my Telkom usage tracker tool and saw the above message. Is this why my ADSL service is so slow? How can I be softcapped on an uncapped service?
    Last edited by metree; 07-02-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Grandmaster

The tracker has just come out of hibernation, head first and upside down as usual Mine also says the same but speeds are normal...

Blog Entries

Can you post a screenshot please?

Seems the same, could be a F-up due to the soft capping of the capped accounts. Only difference I see is I can't torrent for a cent...

Mine says softcapped too. Zero P2P. The frustrating thing is that it's the beginning of the month, so I'll be paying for 28 days of no service. Can anyone recommend an uncapped offering that will let me do around 30GB a month without turning off my internet?

Did it begin yesterday? I was hitting at most 30kb/s then... seems even my capped friend is having issues

People ACTUALLY still use telkom as an ISP? /me gets back on his chair

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by fewl View Post
    Mine says softcapped too. Zero P2P. The frustrating thing is that it's the beginning of the month, so I'll be paying for 28 days of no service. Can anyone recommend an uncapped offering that will let me do around 30GB a month without turning off my internet?
    Have a look at this:
    http://www.openweb.co.za/special.html
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

Openweb all the way

Mine says soft capped as well (4G uncapped), but my download speeds do not seem to be affected...

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Ti are aware of it, it is a bug as reported earlier this morning

here ranger mentioned it as such.

Guys according to his recent posts, everything should be functional besides some p2p maybe slow and gaming to be worked on today/tomorrow. Follow the ISP discussion threads for updates. There are 3 threads on the issue(s) that Ti have been experiencing, use the subscribe to thread button to get new posts emailed.

Telkom Internet Uncapped User Feedback (i personally would prefer this thread updated ]

Telkom International slow

Telkom Internet Capped FUBAR

These threads are ones which ranger is updating us on what is happening with changes etc.

Edit: if like me, you know the service you experienced with Ti pre Feb changes then you will be happy to know that they are working on getting it to those levels as we are moved onto a new network (105.xxx.xxx.xxx ip range) but it is hard to convince anyone who hasn't been with Ti atleast last few months . I say do as you will once you have given them a chance....
    Last edited by Yuu; 07-02-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Grandmaster

OpenWeb

So does this mean I'm soft capped or not? Read the other post and ranger says its a bug, but a bug in display or am I really soft-capped? I have a 20Gig capped account and TI says I have 16 Gig left, but that I'm soft capped.

You are currently SoftCapped
    Usage for February
    Data Available:
    In-bundle 20.0 GB
    TopUp 0.0 MB
    Total 20.0 GB
    Used Data 3.3 GB
    Remaining Data:
    In-bundle or TopUp 16.7 GB
    Out-of-bundle 0.0 MB
    (limit 40.0 GB)

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

@LomWoss, you are on a capped package so yes you are soft-capped however the message was appearing for Ti uncapped users (hence the bug) so am sure it will get sorted soon enough.

I see everything is going well. I put a question to ranger on the other thread. He let us know it is a bug. Speeds are fantastic again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast