Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Thread: Huawei HiLink modems (E303, E3131, etc.)

No, you need drivers. I thought it would install from CD-ROM device automatically.

Edit: Or you have forgotten to re-insert device?

just came to this: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1618...-run-on-winme/
    It seems there is CD-ROM device and drivers for the modem. Try to find it in MobileBrServ\data.bin (zip archive). Decompress archive to the hard drive and use advanced installation to point it to this folder.
    The above link also give you access to E303 CD-ROM image. Use Power ISO to mount image (or any other program). If E303 is newer, it should also include drivers for your modem.

Edit 2: E3131 also has drivers on CD-ROM device. Info and download link here: http://chaddyhv.wordpress.com/2012/0...1-under-linux/
    Last edited by sajunky; 16-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Default HiLink E3131 - Make it show in the Dial Up connections

Hey all ...

I currently have the new Hilink E3131 3G modem on the 8ta promo5 contract and have a massive issue with it.

Seems it doesn't connect like a standard 3G modem but rather connects via http, I have noticed a lot of my apps that require a Dial Up profile do not work.

For example setting up a pop3 email in outlook, it will not connect due to the dial up setting not being selectable (it works with my older E353 modem).

Is there a way to make it show up as a standard modem with a Dial-Up profile ???

All information would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards.

Hey all ...

I am having the same issue ... Did the drivers work ? ... I really need this fixed ..

New MDMA beta can dial NDIS. Read here http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/517805
    Does it help?
    If not, post here what drivers are installed for this device (in Device Manager show by connnection and expand USB2.0 root hub)

I use latest MDMA Beta, i can use it for Huawei E303 HiLink after change it to serial mode, but when you re-plug itu it back to modem mode

I have been loaned a E303 modem for testing (thanks GreGorGy!).

I am stuck at this point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Howzit42 View Post
    Once you have switched to to serial mode using http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html and there are no compatibles drivers for the device, it will probably appear in your device manager as an unknown device under Other devices.
    Two new 'Huawei HiLink' devices appear in my Device Manager, but Windows cannot find drivers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit42 View Post
    At this point, no resources will be assigned to the device, so you will not know what COM port to use to address the modem. Without being able to address the COM port of the modem, it will not be possible to switch it back to HiLink mode in Windows, effectively bricking the modem, unless u have access to a Linux box to recover the modem back to HiLink mode.
    Don't worry about bricking the modem, it seems the http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html switch is not permanent. As rmage wrote above, as soon as you unplug the modem it reverts to HiLink mode.

Default How to switch Huawei E303 to modem mode (Windows)

Pre-requisites:
    An existing installation of Huawei Mobile Partner or a recent version of the standalone Huawei drivers.

After the initial installation from the virtual CD-ROM, when the modem is plugged in it appears in XP's device manager as a 'Windows Mobile-based Internet Sharing Device' under Network adapters. The name is slightly different in Windows 7 (can someone please post a screenshot or the name?). The hardware ID of this device is:
    USB\Vid_12d1&Pid_14db&Rev_0102

While in this mode, the modem is controlled through a web interface on http://192.168.1.1/.
    The serial port can be enabled by visiting http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html.

After doing this, the network device disappears and two unknown devices appear with the following hardware IDs:
    USB\Vid_12d1&Pid_1442&MI_00
    USB\Vid_12d1&Pid_1442&MI_01

Windows does not know which driver to install for these devices, but fortunately the driver is provided by Mobile Partner and just needs slight modification. This procedure only needs to be performed once.
    Assuming a default installation of Mobile Partner, locate the file ewser2k.inf and open it in Notepad or Wordpad.
    On English systems the file will be located at C:\Program Files\Mobile Partner\Driver\Driver\X86 on 32-bit systems and C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobile Partner\Driver\Driver\X64 on 64-bit systems.
    Near the start of the file you should see a section named [QcomSerialPort].
    We need to add the following lines:
    Code:
    %QcomDevice01% = QportInstall01, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1442&MI_00
    %QcomDevice00% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1442&MI_01
    ...so that Windows knows which driver to use for these devices.
    A good place would be in between PID_143E and PID_1448, so the modified portion of the file should look like this:
    Code:
    [QcomSerialPort]
    %QcomDevice01% = QportInstall01, USB\VID_12d1&PID_143E&MI_02
    %QcomDevice01% = QportInstall01, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1442&MI_00
    %QcomDevice00% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1442&MI_01
    %QcomDevice01% = QportInstall01, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1448&MI_01
    Now right-click on each unknown device in turn and tell Windows you will select the driver and point at the location where you found ewser2k.inf as above.
    After doing this, the devices should now appear as a 3G PC UI Interface and a 3G Application Interface under Ports.

MDMA is able to detect the modem in this state and can be used to check signal strength and send USSD commands, but in order to connect to the internet (establish a dial-up connection), we need to go deeper and enable the modem interface.

You can download Terminal and open the 3G PC UI Interface, COM3 in this example, and send the following AT commands:
    Code:
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    AT+CFUN=4
    AT+CFUN=6
    This enables the modem interface and resets the modem so that it will appear.
    Alternatively, you can use MDMA with the /hwstorage:0 command line switch to send the ^U2DIAG command and reset the modem automatically.

Hopefully the modem will now be recognized and the drivers automatically installed. The hardware IDs should now have changed to:
    usbcdcacm\Vid_12d1&Pid_1c05&MI_00
    usbcdcacm\Vid_12d1&Pid_1c05&MI_01
    usbcdcacm\Vid_12d1&Pid_1c05&MI_02

Returning to HiLink mode:
    To return the modem to HiLink mode you can either use Terminal again and open the 3G PC UI Interface, this time COM7 in the example above, and send the following AT commands:
    Code:
    AT^U2DIAG=119
    AT+CFUN=4
    AT+CFUN=6
    ...or run MDMA with the /hwstorage:119 command line switch. Otherwise, simply unplug the modem and plug it in again.

Tested on Huawei E303, hardware version CH2E303SM, firmware version 22.157.46.00.00.
    Last edited by ginggs; 27-04-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    I have been loaned a E303 modem for testing (thanks GreGorGy!)..
    No problem. Now, to try and achieve similar results on the Mac.
    ★ mAcme for Mac OS X & 3G
    MyBB November Internationals Superbru | Nod to Lance...
    Block WASPs on MTN. Dial *141*5# Select Content Billing.

Tested ginngs procedure on a E3131 with Windows 7 32bit.

However, I found the file ewser2k.inf in:

C:\Program Files\Mobile Partner\Driver\Driver\Driver.00\Win7\X86

I had to use the Let me pick driver to force the driver to load... But all 100% OK now and I can use USSD via MDMA! Modem Software version: 22.157.39.00.105
    Last edited by JimM; 30-04-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added modem s/ware version...
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Quote Originally Posted by JimM View Post
    Tested ginngs procedure on a E3131 with Windows 7 32bit.
    Would you mind confirming the hardware IDs of the E3131 in its various modes, please?

In COM Mode:
    Application Interface: USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_01
    UI: USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_00

NDIS:
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_14DC&REV_0102&MI_00

To exit from conventional Mobile Partner mode without unplugging the modem: Run MDMA and hit Reset Device button and close MDMA.
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Hi I would also like to get my E303 into dailup mode my hardware version is CH2E303SM same as yours ginggs but my software is older then yours 22.157.39.00.00 I have tried the updates on the HLINK page but it shows as up to date.
    I followed your walk through and almost everything works the same there is only 1 part that I might be doing wrong when I open the terminal and connect to com5 my 3G PC UI Interface it show data being received on com5 is that correct.

I still went ahead and added the AT commands it displays in the receive box but does not do anything to the modem and then when I remove and reinsert the dongle it goes back to default.

I think there might be something I am doing wrong.

Will adding the AT commands with the terminal make the setting permanent or will it still reset after removal.

Thx
    Leon

Quote Originally Posted by leonmelson View Post
    I followed your walk through and almost everything works the same there is only 1 part that I might be doing wrong when I open the terminal and connect to com5 my 3G PC UI Interface it show data being received on com5 is that correct.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. When you send one of the AT commands, for example AT^U2DIAG=0, you should see in the receive window something like:
    Code:
    AT^U2DIAG=0

OK
    In other words, the modem should echo back the command you sent, as well as a response. Normally 'OK' or 'ERROR'.

Have you tried running MDMA with the /hwstorage:0 command line switch?

Will adding the AT commands with the terminal make the setting permanent or will it still reset after removal.
    Unfortunately, this modem always seems to reset itself back into the HiLink mode when you unplug it.
    Last edited by ginggs; 03-05-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Hi thx for the reply the terminal command does not respond with OK or ERROR just show the AT command.

I have tried MDMA with command /hwstorage:0 and it does work.

Let me explain what I want to do I have a 3g router"TL-MR3420" and I want to use Vodacom's unrestricted APN but if the E303 connects on the router it does not allow me to do port forwarding when I look on the router what the ip from the internet is it shows an local network ip 192.168.1.1 that the e303 provides but the e303 does not seems to send somekind of DMZ to that ip so no Port Fowarding but the internet works.

I also have a e353 and that is always in modem mode so when I used that on the 3g router it connects with the internet ip showing on the router's status and then I can do Port Forwarding.

Thx in advance for you help any info will appreciated.
    Leon

Let me explain what I want to do I have a 3g router"TL-MR3420" and I want to use Vodacom's unrestricted APN but if the E303 connects on the router it does not allow me to do port forwarding when I look on the router what the ip from the internet is it shows an local network ip 192.168.1.1 that the e303 provides but the e303 does not seems to send somekind of DMZ to that ip so no Port Fowarding but the internet works.
    You can try flashing an unofficial firmware onto the TP-Link:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...P-Link-routers

Otherwise you may just be better off with a "normal" modem.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast