Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Thread: Huawei HiLink modems (E303, E3131, etc.)

Exclamation

Hey Guys okay now this is all good and well, I have a E3131 Huawei Modem.

I did the following:

I pasted http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html in my browser and my Hlink Disconnected, then saw the unidentified HUAWEI devices in Device Manager. Now whats the Code to put into the ewser2k.inf file for the E3131?

I have also already downloaded Terminal app. I basically only now need to edit the ewser2k.inf file with the code and then send the other code (AT^U2DIAG=0 AT+CFUN=4 AT+CFUN=6 to the correct comport? Can you guys please help I am not very clued up with these kind of stuff.

Greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacile View Post
    Now whats the Code to put into the ewser2k.inf file for the E3131?
    From what JimM wrote, it appears to be the same as for the E303:
    Quote Originally Posted by JimM View Post
    In COM Mode:
    Application Interface: USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_01
    UI: USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_00

What would the FULL code be and where would you insert it between what lines? And maybe a screenshot of where to do what in Terminal Window would be great

Example of full code:

%QcomDevice01% = QportInstall01, USB\VID_12d1&PID_143E&MI_02
    %QcomDevice01% = QportInstall01, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1442&MI_00
    %QcomDevice00% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1442&MI_01
    %QcomDevice01% = QportInstall01, USB\VID_12d1&PID_1448&MI_01

Sorry but please be more specific when replying since I am a noob at these stuff :-)

Hi

I followed the instructions from Ginggs to put a E3131 into modem mode. After doing this I could successfully update the firmware to E3131Update_21.158.00.00.1020.B757 from the following link https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Huawei_E...BB_modem#toc_4.

The modem now stays in modem mode and I can use Mobile Partner to connect each time. When I get a chance I'll try this in a TP-Link router to see if it is recognized.

John

Quote Originally Posted by browjo View Post
    When I get a chance I'll try this in a TP-Link router to see if it is recognized.
    Please do, would like to hear about this.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Pre-requisites:

MDMA is able to detect the modem in this state and can be used to check signal strength and send USSD commands, but in order to connect to the internet (establish a dial-up connection), we need to go deeper and enable the modem interface.

You can download Terminal and open the 3G PC UI Interface, COM3 in this example, and send the following AT commands:
    Code:
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    AT+CFUN=4
    AT+CFUN=6
    This enables the modem interface and resets the modem so that it will appear.
    Alternatively, you can use MDMA with the /hwstorage:0 command line switch to send the ^U2DIAG command and reset the modem automatically.
    <.
    Hello,
    I have a E3276 Hilink Hardware version CH2E3276SM , Firmware 22.250.04.01.24. Win7 64bit.
    I get ERROR when i send AT^U2DIAG=0
    When i send AT+CFUN=4 i get this ;
    +CREG: 0

+CGREG: 0

+CGREG: 0

OK

^SRVST: 0

^MODE: 0,0

When i send AT+CFUN=6 i get
    OK

Then Hilink popups in browser 192.168.1.1 ..

, and in mdma i can't send /hwstorage:0.

When i open mdma it detects the modem, but then the Hilink page popup in my browser(192.168.1.1)

Some info
    NDIS;
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_14DB&REV_0102
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_14DB

COM Mode
    3G Application interface
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_01
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&MI_01

3G PC UI interface
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&REV_0102&MI_00
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_1442&MI_00

I need som help please
    Last edited by NinCom; 06-10-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by browjo View Post
    Hi

I followed the instructions from Ginggs to put a E3131 into modem mode. After doing this I could successfully update the firmware to E3131Update_21.158.00.00.1020.B757 from the following link https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Huawei_E...BB_modem#toc_4.

The modem now stays in modem mode and I can use Mobile Partner to connect each time. When I get a chance I'll try this in a TP-Link router to see if it is recognized.

John
    Sorry for the bump.

Did it work in your TP-Link router?

Just wanted to add my experiences trying to get my E3131 to work on Windows 8.1 and my Mikrotik router.

Interestingly enough mine came with firmware version 22.001.14.01.105. It automatically enabled HiLink mode (as all of them do).

First pain is when HiLink starts while you have another network device in your machine also using the 192.168.1.1 gateway, you have to disable the other one first to be able to get to the HiLink page (including the http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html page).

I switched modes to modem only and got two devices with the same device IDs as JimM reported. I then tried to install the drivers as ginggs suggested (awesome post - thanks!). This is where I ran into problems. I updated the INF file, but unfortunately Windows 8 doesn't allow you to install an unsigned driver by default (or if you change the INF file and the hashes do not match it will stop you).

After a bit of additional research I found this page: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/08...-in-windows-8/ where the guy basically explains to install drivers without the warning you have to
    - find advanced startup options in Windows (search in the Windows 8 start screen for "change advanced startup options")
    - select the "Recovery" item on the left
    - click "restart now" under "Advance Startup"
    - Wait for Windows to reboot. You'll land in a new screen where you can change advanced options. Look around - there's a mode to restart with "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode. Click it and restart again
    - You will now be able to install the drivers.

I then proceeded to user Terminal to set the modem into modem mode permanently. I got "OK" at all three AT commands.

Unfortunately, the modem just doens't want to connect. It starts up fine with Mobile Partner and MDMA but gets unknown errors or "connection disconnected" type errors. It also does not want to work in my Mikrotik router. I tried with an Afrihost Mobile SIM and a Vodacom one and both seems to have the same probles.

I found this very frustrating and eventually decided to flash to E3131Update_21.158.00.00.1020.B757 as suggested by browjo since it seems that his worked fine. Unfortunately, when I downloaded the firmware, I got an error warning me that I need a password. Eventually discovered this: http://www.modemunlock.com/error-sol...wei-modem.html

Basically because I was doing a downgrade I needed to enter the flash code which was generated here: http://www.modemunlock.com/huawei.php using the IMEI.

So finally I got the firmware loaded. Mobile connect can now successfully connect and the modem doesn't default into HiLink.

However, the Mikrotil router picks it up but receives absolutely now data - it only transmits.

http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html is not working on my k4305 hilink modem..

any other solutions for disabling hilink on this device? cannot find much info on it anywhere

please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by therado View Post
    http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html is not working on my k4305 hilink modem..

any other solutions for disabling hilink on this device? cannot find much info on it anywhere

please help!!
    Not sure what "is not working" means - can't you see the page? Does the setting apply but nothing happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    Not sure what "is not working" means - can't you see the page? Does the setting apply but nothing happen?
    It says page cannot be found when i enter that address in the address bar.

I am not sure if it will help but the IP addie of my device picks up as 192.168.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by brucem View Post
    It seems the Hilink features being able to use the modem without any dashboard software I.e. just plug in and control device thru 192.168.1.1 in browser.

However, mdma can't see the device at all...
    Anyone seen or used the HUAWEI E3331 - Sold in S.A as the UltraStick.
    MDMA can't see this thing either....

Hey so I have a Huawei E303 device I'm running Windows 8.1 and I get BSOD a lot.
    After some searching I found the case to be the E303 modem.
    I'd love to run it in serial mode in the hopes of fixing this issue.
    I'f followed the post on switching it to serial mode that ginggs posted & it worked like a charm MDMA is able to detect the device & all seems well.

BUT when I try to setup a Dail-up connection there's nowhere to add the APN and if I just leave it the connection won't establish.

See the image for the error dialog.
    Name:  ConnError.png
Views: 4715
Size:  17.3 KB

I would love some help on this.

Some more general info
    Hardware Version: CH2E303SM
    Firmware Version: 22.157.46.00.00
    ^DIALMODE: 0,2

Lemme know if you need more

Quote Originally Posted by _DeMeNteD_ View Post
    BUT when I try to setup a Dail-up connection there's nowhere to add the APN and if I just leave it the connection won't establish.
    You should be able to set the APN in MDMA.

I think it is error 619 - the same as in earlier Windows: there is no connection named MDMA. In RAS mode you need to create new connection name it MDMA, dialing string is *99#.
    Last edited by sajunky; 10-12-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast