Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad versus Samsung tablet

Ive had a few iPads. was always happy with them and a few months ago got the GN10. Much of muchness. The main difference for me is the flexibility of the GN. Love how easy its to transfer files back and forth. I cant stand iTunes!

Also Google intergration is nice for me.

While the iPad has a great screen, the difference really isn't as amazing as some people make out. My GF has an iPad3 which she got the day after I got my Note 10.1, so we've been able to compare.

She regularly says she wishes she could've gotten a Note rather. She had to get the iPad due certain apps developed by the company she works for.

Last week when I upgraded my phone, I went to the Vodashop with my tab, typed the upgrade request on my company letterhead in Polaris/Word format, printed it to pdf, signed it with the S-pen and then sent it to the shop via bluetooth. Right now, the iPad cannot dream of matching this type of usability.

I'd take that and a lesser(but still great) screen over the best screen and average usability EVERY SINGLE TIME.

As for the comments re lags and so on, I recently upgraded to JB and there simply is none. Along with the improved multi-tasking(up to 16 apps open at the same time) this thing is the dogs you-know-what http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LZ3krff1JCE

It is not perfect, but neither is the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by DeonJ76 View Post
    Last week when I upgraded my phone, I went to the Vodashop with my tab, typed the upgrade request on my company letterhead in Polaris/Word format, printed it to pdf, signed it with the S-pen and then sent it to the shop via bluetooth. Right now, the iPad cannot dream of matching this type of usability.
    PDFpen. Only part not doable is Bluetooth.

/ just saying
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    PDFpen. Only part not doable is Bluetooth.

/ just saying
    I think the bluetooth part is pretty important don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    Would be a handy alternative to email, yeah...

Having said that I can't recall the last time I was asked to "bluetooth" requested documentation to my lawyer/financial advisor/landlord/insurer/broker...
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Do you get a transmission log with bluetooth. Quite often I need to be able to check what I sent someone and when I sent it by referring back to the email, on any device not just the one I sent it on.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Not really, last time I used bluetooth was to get my contacts. I used my wifi direct a few times, but not really that much.

But I am sure the whole sign thing was more convenient on the Note than on the iPad, it is kind of specifically targetted for people who wants to do that.
    Engineering - this is where the semi-skilled workers realize the work of better minds. Hello, Oompah-Loompahs of science.

Quote Originally Posted by VaishaliG View Post
    Well iPad is better with it's app stores and proxy server while Samsung tab is user friendly so i am using Samsung tab.
    I have had both, and I won't say Samsung is more user friendly. It is just easier to copy stuff from your computer to the tablet and if you don't have wifi you can still do everything on your 3G account. Other than that the iPad felt smoother and iTunes isn't really that big of a bother.

Remember when you plug your Samsung in for the first time it still wants to download the drivers for the tablet, so it isn't really just plug and play.
    Engineering - this is where the semi-skilled workers realize the work of better minds. Hello, Oompah-Loompahs of science.

I'm getting rid of my iPad4, prefer the ASUS TF-700T.

I will not get Samsung again, the software support is too poor.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by millermike View Post
    Anyone describe their experience and the pros and cons?
    The Nexus 10 is epic. No drivers to download. Fast, zero lag, excellent resolution and a solid, solid build. Oh, and OS updates the day they're released. I'm most happy

I wonder why Samsung doesn't make all their tablets like this?

EDIT: most epic was plugging my XBox 360 controller in, HDMI into the TV and gaming almost immediately!
    Last edited by phaktza; 06-03-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    "Don't be a hater, yo. I'm in a jacuzzi."

I have a truckload of tablets ...

Apple: 2x iPad 4's, 1 x iPad Mini, and 1 x iPad 2 ... gave the iPad 1 away a few weeks ago.
    Samsung: 1 x Tab 10.1 (P7500), 1 x 7" Plus, and 1 x Note 10.1.

If I'm allowed to only have one from this list it will be the Note 10.1. Why? Despite it's lower res screen it is the most flexible tablet I've ever used ... i.e. can do everything anywhere with ease. No iTunes needed. Can read anything off a USB stick. Gazillions of apps (most free). The pen comes in handy when I want to annotate documents (mark stuff on documents and photos). As an engineer it is very useful to take a Google Earth snapshot and draw on that snapshot with the pen ... and then mail the picture with all my markings to others for actioning. Nothing else is as usable in so many situations. Then it also has full telephony ... i.e. it can do WhatsApp, make phone calls, and use USSD and SMS. That alone is worth its selection over Apple tablets.

My iPad's are good for photo editing (best tablet for photo work) and watching movies/mini-series etc at home. Not a devices that can truly live away from iTunes (despite iCloud and Apple trying to tell us the link has been cut). It has no open file management system so files must be loaded into apps ... and sometimes those apps don't work so well on the road ... and then you are *****ed (no opening files with another app).

So, for me, for entertainment Apple is great but for real work the Samsung Note 10.1 beats Apple into a pulp.
    What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy. - Leonard Sweet

if your not in a hurry and you don't mind paying through the nose (i imagine it'll be hugely expensive) the Samsung Note 8 is rumoured for second quarter 2013. it's not really a tablet but the size grabs me - it'll fit nicely in my handbag :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12