Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How do you block unwanted calls and texts on a Samsung Galaxy S3...

Red face How do you block unwanted calls and texts on a Samsung Galaxy S3...

Hey! so my father gets 2 GB of data a month on his contract with MTN, but he never uses it. we want to get a duel sim card which I will use in my Samsung S3. but I would like to block any incoming calls or text messages that gets diverted to the second sim card, if his phone is off.

Thank you

Blog Entries

Call forwarding....?
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Call forwarding....?
    no that's not what I want.. basic the second sim card will only be used for Data purposes by me and my father can still make calls, sms or use internet..

You can add any number to a reject list. It looks like you can also only allow calls from contacts, check the "blocking mode" option in the settings.

But as far as I am aware with a dual sim only one of the sims can be registered on the network at once. So if your dad's phone is on, you wont receive any calls.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Grandmaster

Blocking mode.

avast mobile security i think can do it as well.
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

https://twitter.com/bitsyzd

App called Mr Number.

From what I found out a few months back, the MTN "Dual" sim is not technically a dual sim, as they dive you another sim card with a different number, but the calls/data is charged to one account, there an extra charge of around R10 per month for the second sim. I'm not sure how the Data Bundles will work with the 2nd sim, but I assume it will use the main numbers data.. Jist check with your local MTNSP store.

WIth the S3 Blocking mode I think you can block all calls, sms's etc so that should work for You.
    Parcel Tracking >>> www.ParcelTrack.co.za
    Need a USA Address for online shopping? http://shipito.parceltrack.co.za/
    Accounting Services http://irp5.co.za/

Quote Originally Posted by mh348 View Post
    From what I found out a few months back, the MTN "Dual" sim is not technically a dual sim, as they dive you another sim card with a different number, but the calls/data is charged to one account, there an extra charge of around R10 per month for the second sim. I'm not sure how the Data Bundles will work with the 2nd sim, but I assume it will use the main numbers data.. Jist check with your local MTNSP store.

WIth the S3 Blocking mode I think you can block all calls, sms's etc so that should work for You.
    Thank you very much for the useful information!

Avast has a SMS/Call filter.

Another + for the AV.

I use Call Control, it's one of the best apps out there with many usefully features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erycallcontrol