Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: An OPENWEB question

Master

Default An OPENWEB question

Hi

Does Openweb capped you after you 1st 3gb regardless if it was all local?

I mean can i use the news server from the beginning of the month and still have my 3g in't after say 10g of use?
    Will a say 2g saix and 2g IS work for newserver + in't surfing all thru the month?I don't play games.

I need to make an informed decision.

thanks in advance

No, int usage starts at the beginning, no matter what you download (local or int). After the first 3gb you will then only be allowed on local sites. It sucks, but thats the way all isps are.

Master

thanks...that was quick.

I guess i'll just down my 5g saol to 2g to keep int usuage alive.

if you want to use the news server and still have int for browsing. I suggest you get the local only account from OpenWeb and a Webafrica 1gb prepaid. The prepaid carries over unused bandwidth and you only pay another R75 when you want another gig.

Super Grandmaster

Or you could use open browse. Probably cheaper, but not nearly as fast, becuase its like slowed down IS access compared to Webafrica's SAIX.

that's what I got, OpenWeb 2GB-192KB and the WebAfrica Prepaid. it's a luss changing the accounts on the router everytime if you don't have open browse. Open Browse is slow but gets the job done....sort of modem speeds internationaly.

Master

I need int browsing for at least a week in the beginning of the month while i'm on the news server so changing logins all the time wont work.I do have a large sum of megaupload and speedyshare links to pull every month so a webafrica 1gb will not work either.I'm selfemployed and work from home so my pc is not really alone for long times...lol.At R169 for 2gb SAOL is about R20 more expensive than other but for now it's ok cuz i never had any problems with them.

Now if the R159 2GB Openweb deal could split the local and int usuage i could even take my girl out for a treat.

Biggie,

There is a proggi sumwhere on this forum that splits local + int traffic between 2 account! so get an openweb account for local (30 gig for R139) and a cybersmart account ( 3 gig for R125)

This would sace your precise int cap!

I think ant1body made the program but I cant remember the name, PM him 4 details

its called route sentry. Available from his site. I think its www.antibody.za.net or something like that. You must have raspppoe for this to work. Raspppoe allows you to dial out twice with you pc. So you can dial out to the local and int account at the same time and this program can route your traffic accordingly. I use it, it works perfectly.

Master

Will look into that,thanks again.

Damn...very helpfull place here.