Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Sony Xperia Z contract prices and launch date for South Africa

Default Sony Xperia Z contract prices and launch date for South Africa

Sony Xperia Z contract prices and launch date for South Africa

Vodacom has revealed that it will soon be offering the Sony Xperia Z

It's a good thing voda**** make sure to mention that we get a ****load of sms'es on their generous contract packages, otherwise I would never even consider it. While they're at it, they should actually give us LESS data ( /spit) and more sms'es.

sms is the future, IM on phones is a fad and it will blow over, we need to stay in the stone age.

thanks
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

75mb data on R429 contract o.0
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

Grandmaster

It's a poor comparison to the HTC One and the Galaxy S4 (though if neither of those existed it would be quite good), but at this price it's really not worth it. If Sony want to sell this device they need to charge less than the aforementioned competitors. And then there's the lucky dip screen issue (you could get a good one or a bad one, you won't know until you open the box). It started the year as the phone we were all talking about (if it were available in January I would have probably got it), now it seems like old news.

... And those excellent Vodacom deals make it all the more appealing.
    My nefarious schemes to achieve ultimate global domination are well under way. You can read more at my blog: http://oronte.blogspot.com

Nice phone, just a pity that Sony is so poor on software support - won't be buying from a manufacturer again that does not provide software updates.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Yeah, no sorry. I'm ending my vodacom contract and moving to CellC or 8ta. Their prices are stupid. I did a comparison for a contract and with CellC build a contract it comes up to R389 and the same data and minutes on vodacom comes to R590 a month. Now you tell me, who would you choose???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VegOtter View Post
    Yeah, no sorry. I'm ending my vodacom contract and moving to CellC or 8ta. Their prices are stupid. I did a comparison for a contract and with CellC build a contract it comes up to R389 and the same data and minutes on vodacom comes to R590 a month. Now you tell me, who would you choose???
    VodacoN charge more coz of their superior network In all fairness though, unless you backing up the internet for whatever reason, or need your phone for high throughput, I really dont see the point of VodacoN... Totally over them and their k@k

and just a note on the Sony Xperia Z price. How do we know that Sony is the problem here? How do we know that its not VodacoN that are slapping on a huge slice???
    sigh

Have you tried cell c before moving? How has voice quality and data throughput been on cell c? I work in Cape Town CBD and its terrible. I called their tech support several times and nothing has improved. I renewed my work contract with vodacom and no issues. I tried cell c 2 years ago. It was terrible. I tried again since January and its worse.

It varies from area to area.

Visited someone in Duxberry, Sandton the other day.

The only ISP that worked was Cell C, there was literally zero Vodacom, my phone showed "No Service".

Cell C was fine.

I'm not really a Vodacom fan but I have to admit, I can see a use for that R2000 unlimited data option.
    Example: you live in an area that doesn't have ADSL, you could get by with using your phone as a wifi hotspot, which would save you the R1100++ you would have to spend anyway to get the higher speed uncapped ADSL options.
    And you get unlimited calls as well.

Combine that with the possibility of getting multiple SIM cards attached to a single number and you could potentially have all your devices running off that one contract, like a phone, tablet and router for example (I am assuming there are no special clauses attached to disallow this)

I hope Cell C comes up with something similar.

Using a phone as a wifi hotspot is a bit overrated - I have not had a good experience from most devices (Sony, Samsung, iPad4)

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    Nice phone, just a pity that Sony is so poor on software support - won't be buying from a manufacturer again that does not provide software updates.
    +1
    I learnt my lesson with the xperia X1

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm not really a Vodacom fan but I have to admit, I can see a use for that R2000 unlimited data option.
    Example: you live in an area that doesn't have ADSL, you could get by with using your phone as a wifi hotspot, which would save you the R1100++ you would have to spend anyway to get the higher speed uncapped ADSL options.
    And you get unlimited calls as well.

Combine that with the possibility of getting multiple SIM cards attached to a single number and you could potentially have all your devices running off that one contract, like a phone, tablet and router for example (I am assuming there are no special clauses attached to disallow this)

I hope Cell C comes up with something similar.
    http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/ma...o4_SonyXperiaZ

On the vodacom site , the RED VIP is only 1,5gb
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

I won't lie, this phones toughness is 100% genuine, friend of mine had one 2 weeks ago that she was testing (works for sony).
    Sitting at the keg, dropped the phone from 2 meters high onto slate/tile, not a single scratch or flicker, it just carried on as normal.
    Submerged it in a beer for 5 minutes, took it out and working 100%. Rad thing this.

Yes, but will it get software updates ???

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast