Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I use ADSL to Credit Card/Speedpoint machine to Bank

Default Can I use ADSL to Credit Card/Speedpoint machine to Bank

Hope someone can help me urgently with this -

I have just opened a business and need to connect my credit card machine to the bank. The common options I know of are Telkom dial up(but I think you get charged per call and a few companies offer GPRS connections.

Does anyone know if I can use broadband for this?

Not with those machines ... speak to your bank consultant and they can give you a PC based program which will allows you to send your credit card transactions via your ADSL connection.

the machines use saponet, either via radio or over a easyaccess dialup.
    The route to use is to find a transaction processor which supports your bank, talk to your bank and they'll let you know who they support transactions from.

D

yah, haven't heard of a broadband machine one yet, maybe they can set up a private PPPoE thingy to make it secure. btw how much does the gprs version work to, i mean it must be cheaper than the dial up ones.
    When have you demonstrated leadership skills?
    "Well my best example would be in online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot to do that."

We use x-link powered by MTN. Works like a dream. Got all 7 of our branches using them. PM me if u want their tel number.

Guess I'll have to stick to GPRS for now then - I think I'll rather pay the extra R30 p/m and take a 12 month rather than 24 month in case something changes.

I was looking at ConnectNet (similar to X-Link) as they were a little more cost-effective.

dabouncer - do you know how it compares cost-wise to Telkom dial up if you do an average of 200 transactions per month? I guess one would need a second line as well, otherwise you can't transact whilst on the phone??

You could always use fastnet. The use a radio pad to send the transctions to the bank cost per transaction around 5c and a monthly rental of ?? The are in Centurion. Much better than dialup and faster too.
    The best way to get started is to stop talking and begin doing. Walt Disney

Yes, you can, but not using the standard Speedpoint machines. I was involved in rolling out such a system to a large national chain, and I can vouch for it. Speak to your FNB contact, they will be able to recommend a solution. The one I rolled out involved a bare API that our Point of Sale system hooked into. You still get a keypad device that connects to your computer's COM port. You will always require such a device to encrypt the card number - if you do not use some sort of bank "device" to scan the cards, you will be forced to take CC imprints every time you charge a card to prove you physically had the card in your posession when making the transaction.

Grandmaster

Fastnet (swiftnet) is the fastest cheapest and easiest buy the radio pad outright connect to credit card machine and off u go. They have been in the game for a long time and support all the protocols the major banks use.
    X connect is not bad might still be a touch expensive compared to Fastnet ( I havent done price comparisons recently) and ConnectNet had issues last i tried to use them ( 2 month trial 4 months ago).
    FastNet are close on or have released a dual sim data modem using mtn and voda as carriers how awesome is that.
    Last edited by Gunny; 31-08-2006 at 10:41 PM.
    There are 10 types of ppl in the world those who understand binary and those who dnt ......

don't they use "FastNet" some type of wireless device in some places, and isn't credit card transactions processed in batched at night although cards mtill probalby have to be verified in real time.
    Parcel Tracking >>> www.ParcelTrack.co.za
    Need a USA Address for online shopping? http://shipito.parceltrack.co.za/
    Accounting Services http://irp5.co.za/

Grandmaster

Credit cards have a floor limit. If a transaction is under a certain amout in doesnt need autorisation from the bank and those get batched ( I think this is how it works) bigger amounts need autorisation and a link to the bank is needed 80% of places use Fastnet or normal landline dailups.
    There are 10 types of ppl in the world those who understand binary and those who dnt ......

Smile

May you please foward me a qoatation of speed point machine

I need a speed point machine,please foward me the qoatation(adecia.mlombo@absa.co.za)

Quote Originally Posted by adecia View Post
    I need a speed point machine,please foward me the qoatation(adecia.mlombo@absa.co.za)
    All the big banks charges too much for the machines.

Capitec's pricing is quite good. Just phone the Capitec call centre and ask them for the contact number of the consultant in your area, then phone the consultant and arrange an appointment.

The consultant will come out to your premises and give you all the info/features/pricing as well as an application if you decide to apply.

*ps the call center number will be on their website.
    Parcel Tracking >>> www.ParcelTrack.co.za
    Need a USA Address for online shopping? http://shipito.parceltrack.co.za/
    Accounting Services http://irp5.co.za/

Hi, please forward me with details for x-link. email opportunity158@yahoo.com. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast