Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Vodacom 3G Data Coverage Map innacurate

Default Vodacom 3G Data Coverage Map innacurate

Just a comment on the Vodacom 3G data coverage map in the South western Cape. It shows 3G coverage around Klein Brak River but there is none - even when I am directly underneath the mast. It aslo shows some 3G coverage in George but I was unable to get 3G anywhere in George except once for about 10 munites near the Garden Route MAll and then throughput was pegged at 8kbps.

Regards, Ken

Vodacom Representative

Quite a few forumites from George work happily on 3G, so there must be coverage.

Maybe PM me your details and the local guys can look at your setup and/or advise you where there is 3G/HSDPA coverage.

The maps are generated by software and normally err on the conservative side, but it still is only a prediction.

Thanks but I'm just down here on holiday at Klein Brak River until the weekend - the lack of any 3G here was the real problem.

Are there any policy or logic regarding coverage, or is it more a hit-and-miss kinda thing?

Despite living in a fairly upmarket area , I'm not supposed to be covered at all. It makes no sense - the poorer areas around me get it, but not me, no

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by +ABHAVANANDA+ View Post
    Are there any policy or logic regarding coverage, or is it more a hit-and-miss kinda thing?

Despite living in a fairly upmarket area , I'm not supposed to be covered at all. It makes no sense - the poorer areas around me get it, but not me, no
    Tried to find 'At my momses' on the map, but can't seem to locate it, so can't help you with your coverage query.

The network design is far from a hit & miss affair, usage patterns, population density, geography, site availability and many other factors are taken into consideration when planning the network.

Quote Originally Posted by vodacom3g View Post
    Tried to find 'At my momses' on the map, but can't seem to locate it, so can't help you with your coverage query.

The network design is far from a hit & miss affair, usage patterns, population density, geography, site availability and many other factors are taken into consideration when planning the network.
    Oh sorry man - you've confirmed before that there's absolutely no coverage in my area - Milnerton Ridge, Cape Town. We must be in a hole - cell reception is also poor.

Default 3g

I cannot get 3g coverage at St Blaize Mossel Bay. Any reason