Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Thread: Renault clio 4

The new 1.8 TFSI is 88kw and 240nm torque.

My 1.8 non turbo is 92kw but only 160nm torque

These are built purely for economy as the 0-100 is over 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by bluepoole View Post
    I'm sorry but there is no A4 1.8T on the market with that output. The new A4 that was introduced in 2008 came out with the 1.8T producing 118kW. Since the facelift last year it is now 125kW. If you test drove one the other day, the chances are good that this is the one you drove. Obviously 125kW with a turbo is going to compare good with a normally aspirated 145kW engine.
    I'm sorry that you had to log on to make your name poephol before double checking on the Audi site first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangi View Post
    Got a call from Renault today... test driving one on Saturday morning... I currently drive a Clio 2 1.2 so I cant wait to see and feel the difference.
    Please give me feedback on your findings. My fiance wants one badly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type RSA View Post
    I'm sorry that you had to log on to make your name poephol before double checking on the Audi site first.
    Yip, there's no bluepoole like a bluepoole poephol...
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

OK so unless I have eye patches on, checking on www.audi.co.za and www.audimenlyn.co.za I couldn't find any info on an 88kW 1.8T model. Is it a new addition to the range? Is the website not updated then? Because it mentions the range starts at R319k and the 1.8T has a power output of 125kW.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepoole View Post
    OK so unless I have eye patches on, checking on www.audi.co.za and www.audimenlyn.co.za I couldn't find any info on an 88kW 1.8T model. Is it a new addition to the range? Is the website not updated then? Because it mentions the range starts at R319k and the 1.8T has a power output of 125kW.
    Ai ai ai, some people ne... Have to do all the work for them..

Last edited by Type RSA; 26-04-2013 at 01:50 PM.

You are an educator, Type RSA. Fighting ignorance 1 forumite at a time!
    Soos 'n choppie op die vuur.

Quote Originally Posted by Type RSA View Post
    Please give me feedback on your findings. My fiance wants one badly.

Thanks
    I test drove one yesterday afternoon.

All I can say is WOW.

If Renault had the same 'image' as VW, it would be selling for a similar to higher price than the Polo Comfortline.
    It makes me sad to think that 70% of why the cars resale is so bad is due to Perception...

The car comes with a 5 year 150k km warranty and quite a lot of extra's in comparison to the Kia Rio for example...
    the Sat-nav and 7" tablet interface makes the geek in me want that car so much.

Power is okay, not great. but most of us spend most of the time behind the wheel in traffic anyway. so on the rare occasion you can blast it, it is good enough. Ride comfort is on par or better than the polo that I tested. steering is a bit light at lower speeds, but firms up nicely at cruising speed. I don't think the overtaking power is adequate however the top speed is still 180km/h.

It is really a tough choice as to whether you buy the vehicle and suffer on the trade in/ resale but enjoy all the perks and overall quality of the car.

The only thing I didn't like on the Dynamique is that there is some finicky shiny plastic on the driver and passenger doors that will mark easily and may become a bit faded. on the centre console, it is similar, however it doesn't look out of place.

Spyker the reason why they have poor resell value is not because of some vague perception. It's because French car's after sale service sucks. Once that car is out of warranty and it breaks, you are in for some pain.

If you don't believe me check out Hello Peter. Some horror stories on there! From my personal experience, I struggled 6 months and R30K for them to fix a computer problem. Which after 2 months returned. Trust me, not worth it.

So if you do decide to buy it, make sure you have got a warranty for the duration that you plan to drive it.

I would love to see a detailed feature comparison between this car, the Polo Bluemotion and the Fiesta Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden_E View Post
    Spyker the reason why they have poor resell value is not because of some vague perception. It's because French car's after sale service sucks. Once that car is out of warranty and it breaks, you are in for some pain.

If you don't believe me check out Hello Peter. Some horror stories on there! From my personal experience, I struggled 6 months and R30K for them to fix a computer problem. Which after 2 months returned. Trust me, not worth it.

So if you do decide to buy it, make sure you have got a warranty for the duration that you plan to drive it.
    That is one of the reasons I am worried about getting it.

5 years time it will be paid off. but then i will probably only be able to get R40k for the car if i am lucky...

although on a R400k car it is a 10% deposit... I just think I will get more for a Polo or Rio

Quote Originally Posted by Spyk3r View Post
    That is one of the reasons I am worried about getting it.

5 years time it will be paid off. but then i will probably only be able to get R40k for the car if i am lucky...

although on a R400k car it is a 10% deposit... I just think I will get more for a Polo or Rio
    It's a tough choice. With the Renault you get more value up front compared to VW, but you lose out come resell time. The Rio is a good choice, kinda in the middle. I have no idea what they drive like. If the drive is good I would think it's the best of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden_E View Post
    It's a tough choice. With the Renault you get more value up front compared to VW, but you lose out come resell time. The Rio is a good choice, kinda in the middle. I have no idea what they drive like. If the drive is good I would think it's the best of the 3.
    My sister has the Rio. Non tec.

Its not quite at the same level as the polo and clio, but not far off at all...

more noise gets through at higher speeds. and it is not as refined, but is still certainly a good drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Coasti View Post
    I would love to see a detailed feature comparison between this car, the Polo Bluemotion and the Fiesta Ecoboost
    Ditto. But it need to be broken into three comparisons: 1) Purchase and spec (what you get) 2) cost of ownership (maintenance / tyres etc.) 3) resell value predictions.

Super Grandmaster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast