Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: FNB... Seriously?!?!

Angry FNB... Seriously?!?!

Aai FNB, I really don't understand you. You have this big drive to get people onto self service banking. Great, its better for everybody. Then I need to do a simple thing like change the cell number that my OTP gets sent to. Not even Google can tell me how to do this.

I call the helpline, and you ask me a whole bunch of questions to verify that I really am me. Fair enough.

I answer all the questions with perfect accuracy. Then you tell me that I am not who I claim to be and I must go into the bank to prove that I am really me. WTF?!?

I have accounts to pay and a business to run, and you tell me at 14h30 on a friday afternoon, sorry - END OF THE MONTH FRIDAY AFTERNOON - that I must go into the bank to prove that I am who I am. No frikkin way. Especially since the ONLY branch in Uitenhage is offline 9 times out of 10 that I have been there.

This is just not good enough man.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrsnapln View Post
    Aai FNB, I really don't understand you. You have this big drive to get people onto self service banking. Great, its better for everybody. Then I need to do a simple thing like change the cell number that my OTP gets sent to. Not even Google can tell me how to do this.

I call the helpline, and you ask me a whole bunch of questions to verify that I really am me. Fair enough.

I answer all the questions with perfect accuracy. Then you tell me that I am not who I claim to be and I must go into the bank to prove that I am really me. WTF?!?

I have accounts to pay and a business to run, and you tell me at 14h30 on a friday afternoon, sorry - END OF THE MONTH FRIDAY AFTERNOON - that I must go into the bank to prove that I am who I am. No frikkin way. Especially since the ONLY branch in Uitenhage is offline 9 times out of 10 that I have been there.

This is just not good enough man.
    Sucks but would you really prefer it was overly simple to change OTP details?
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

go paste that on their facebook page or something, no good putting it up here...
    -=Dont steal, the government hates competition=-

And to think I considered moving to them
    If you wanna get laid, ask an Ancient Astronaut theorist. They always say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Sucks but would you really prefer it was overly simple to change OTP details?
    Ja, sounds like a scammers heaven if they did...
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Blog Entries

OP I don't really understand your issue. Things like changes on cell number must be done at the branch to avoid guys robbing us our hard earned money.

Why cant you visit the branch with your ID book?

Not cool OP, why not nag about real problems.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrsnapln View Post
    And who changed a cell number they want to use for their OTP just end of month friday?
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Blog Entries

FNB is a great bank - they always coming out with great ideas and such - If I have issues, I either contact the FNB guy on Twitter or I call them, I'm sorted quick quick.
    If they being 'anal' with you, then it's just for safety!
    You rather go in and moan than all your money goes missing and then you REALLY moan!

Grandmaster

this is a security feature and I def do not want anyone calling in and being able to change my cell number for my OTP ...
    so well done to FNB ... op ... this is to protect you too .... but you too wrapped up in ur little issues to see it

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

There is a building which you go to and it has real people you can talk to. It would be ridiculous if you could change this over the internet.
    Praise Zeus!

huh? last time I checked you can edit it in your profile on your online banking.... Settings -> inContact / Personal Details

They send you a OTP to the old cell to verify it's you

01101101 01101001 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01100100

you can afik change it online. but I like the idea of going in the bank with ID etc for the change. I just changed my residential address and had to go into a branch to do so.

if security measures like this weren't in place, you would be complaining of security so rather go the extra mile and know that you are safe
    If you don't think everyday is a good day, try missing one

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    huh? last time I checked you can edit it in your profile on your online banking.... Settings -> inContact / Personal Details

They send you a OTP to the old cell to verify it's you
    Actually the OTP and inContact numbers are 2 different things. You can change the inContact settings via online banking, and that will affect things like getting notifications when money enters or leaves your account.
    However to change your OTP you need to go into the bank. It is impossible to do it online.

When I changed my number in August, I first changed it for in contact etc online- then phoned and went through the verification (card number/ pin/ questions etc) and they changed it over the phone. If you fail that, or I think- don't have your new number registered on your profile- you have to go in to the branch.