Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Thread: Girl beaten, raped and left unconscious at annual Lusito Land portuguese festival.

*the lusito school rely on these funds...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!
    What?

Ppl r very quick to blame organisers/police/security...

How about children acting more responsible and not drinking more than they can handle??
    Girls act soooo cheap and get sloshed til they crawling or passed out!!!
    From your username, I guess you might be female - I'm just surprised you are saying it was her fault. Maybe she was wearing a short skirt and therefore asking it?

So stop trying to kill a good worthy cause as this is not Lusitos fault and the childrens school relies on these funds!!!
    Doesnt matter if their intentions were good, it matters how they handle things like this. They have a responsibility to their guests to ensure that they are safe.

Who can say if they met their obligations? Like everyone said, incidents like this happen everywhere, and all the time. Its not possible to prevent every rape, unfortunately. I certainly cannot say that the security is sufficient as I have never been there.

However, A) dont blame her, and B) no matter what their intentions are, they have social responsibility.

How about children acting more responsible and not drinking more than they can handle??

Quick to point fingers but no thought as to how when and why it happened???

Easy target;looking for attention; out of mind so easliy influenced????

Its all about each individuals behaviour, u can help yourself if you think twice about ur actions!!!
    Uh so if they organizers are not to blame then why do they not ask kids for I.D? - Problem Solved.

I hope you weren't referring to the girl who go raped as one of these girls who got "sloshed" - I dont think she was looking for attention or looking to get raped.

Grandmaster

Can we have a stat rpm please? Is it that every 5th or every 10th new thread posted is about a rape commited here in SA?

this is psycho...

Been there once about 4 years ago. It was fun until the place closed down... then the scum came out..

I really would not advise going if you are not in a group.
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

A Djinn

*the lusito school rely on these funds...
    EXACTLY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsume View Post
    What?
    Ninja'd concurs.
    Villain, I have done thy mother.

Ive been a regular at Lusito many years and have seen it time and time again!!!

i guess ppl should know to always be with someone especially under the influence!!!
    where is it safe to b alone now a days??
    Not even in ur own home!

So stop trying to kill a good worthy cause as this is not Lusitos fault and the childrens school relies on these funds!!!

Be responsible and aware , this is not a nursery school where you are under 24/7 supervision!!!

Quick to point fingers but no thought as to how when and why it happened???

Easy target;looking for attention; out of mind so easliy influenced????

Its all about each individuals behaviour, u can help yourself if you think twice about ur actions!!!
    Those Caparinhas do that.
    They should moderate it, 5 for guys, max 3 for girls.

Went to it once, wont ever go again. Worst experience ever.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Doesnt matter if their intentions were good, it matters how they handle things like this. They have a responsibility to their guests to ensure that they are safe.
    Let's not jump to conclusions. It is not yet clear whether this happened at a venue under control of the organisers, or at a WS block nearby but not the responsibility of the organisers. One statement says the woman was raped and beaten at a WC block near a parking lot outside of Lusito Land. Anyone familiar with the area knows there are several different venues/facilities in an around Wemmer Pan. Until this is clearly established, it is entirely possible that the woman was assaulted at a nearby facility specifically excluded from Lusito Land control by the City Council. Until the facts are known, please avoid slinging mud, otherwise this just turns into a kangaroo court and perpetuates injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Let's not jump to conclusions. It is not yet clear whether this happened at a venue under control of the organisers, or at a WS block nearby but not the responsibility of the organisers. One statement says the woman was raped and beaten at a WC block near a parking lot outside of Lusito Land. Anyone familiar with the area knows there are several different venues/facilities in an around Wemmer Pan. Until this is clearly established, it is entirely possible that the woman was assaulted at a nearby facility specifically excluded from Lusito Land control by the City Council. Until the facts are known, please avoid slinging mud, otherwise this just turns into a kangaroo court and perpetuates injustice.
    I agree, but Shaina was basically saying we should ignore it because the funds are used to help a school. I dont care how the funds are used, if there is an issue with safety - and yes we cannot be sure of that right now - then it must be fixed and not ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
    Those Caparinhas do that.
    They should moderate it, 5 for guys, max 3 for girls.
    Last time I was there they apparently have started watering them down...

Those of you who have been to Lusito Land will know that there is very little parking available, all of which falls outside of the Lusito Land "grounds" and it seem's like the organisers are using this as an excuse not to provide adequate security for their patrons.

"The organisers of Lusito Land, however, said the alleged sexual assault had happened outside the festival grounds in an adjacent car park." IOL
    Lusito is a annual piss up for "kids" and not mention boxing ground. I can honestly say that I have not been to Lusito Land without seeing at least one fight.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ksweb View Post
    Those of you who have been to Lusito Land will know that there is very little parking available, all of which falls outside of the Lusito Land "grounds" and it seem's like the organisers are using this as an excuse not to provide adequate security for their patrons.

Lusito is a annual piss up for "kids" and not mention boxing ground. I can honestly say that I have not been to Lusito Land without seeing at least one fight.
    The uncle of the girl phoned in and said that the attack took place at the toilets inside the festival 'grounds'.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast