Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast

Thread: Farmer 'sabotaged' road

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Sorry, can somebody post the link where the farmer said it was because of livestock theft? Isn't that usually the neighboring farms doing?
    You'll find that besides normal commercial farmers, many africans in rural KZN keep their own livestock. More often than not theft does occur (between these informal farmers, between them and commercial farmers etc)Also quite a bit of cross border livestock theft. different reasons why, more often than not for monetary gain.
    http://mercury.ethz.ch/serviceengine...en/120FULL.pdf

an interesting link

http://agriculture.kzntl.gov.za/publ...speech_4_9.htm

Old but points there are still relevant
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pumpkin_King View Post
    what opinion? as far is i can tell you got insulted by a bar for being in a hotel and the old south african flag broke into your car

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Sorry, can somebody post the link where the farmer said it was because of livestock theft? Isn't that usually the neighboring farms doing?
    Nobody said it was. And no. Your livestock is branded so stealing your neighbors livestock would be stupid.

Redeemed said farm murders were retaliation, I said a trench could also be a form of retaliation. As livestock theft is a big threat to food security.

Livestock thieves come in with trucks and load livestock. A trench would be a great solution.

Why does it seems so unlikely? You reduce the entry points into a farm.
    “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.”

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wikk3d88 View Post
    Attachment 49750

omnomnomnomnom
    “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.”

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    No tears. Only lamb curry now
    what opinion? as far is i can tell you got insulted by a bar for being in a hotel and the old south african flag broke into your car

Grandmaster

Name:  37611928.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  111.1 KB

Super Grandmaster

Nobody said it was. And no. Your livestock is branded so stealing your neighbors livestock would be stupid.

Redeemed said farm murders were retaliation, I said a trench could also be a form of retaliation. As livestock theft is a big threat to food security.

Livestock thieves come in with trucks and load livestock. A trench would be a great solution.

Why does it seems so unlikely? You reduce the entry points into a farm.
    Okay, so it was hypothetical. Good strategy but if this was the case but I think it comes down to the farmer not wanting the villagers there, hence the alleged previous arson attack.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wikk3d88 View Post
    No tears. Only lamb curry now

Hai sies. Mine comes from neat packages in the shop. It has nothing to do with mr fuzzy.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Okay, so it was hypothetical. Good strategy but if this was the case but I think it comes down to the farmer not wanting the villagers there, hence the alleged previous arson attack.
    Also hypothetical but plausible. Farmers have to burn their fields so it could also be squatters being hysterical. Much like the squatters on Hans Strijdom ( PTA) and the squatters in cape town, they were asked to move to enable these fields to be burned to prevent a disaster later on when the fire started they cried sabotage, it was established they caused their own arson.

This is a case of a one sided story, the farmer might be of his rocker, the facts has not been established. The most important question is, was the farmer allowed to dig the trench? If not he should be sued and made to repair the road. If not the community should come together and bring a solution to the table that benefit both parties. I do understand that the community sometimes turn a blind eye to crime in fear of being targeted. But they should try to get to a solution.

So crime is not an issue in our country?
    Not everybody retaliate in a barbaric way. Some dig a trench. I prefer people who dig trenches to people who randomly kill old people because they were once fired by a white guy they stole from.
    What retaliation? What threat do little children going to school pose to him? I think he is just being spiteful given his previous aggression of burning the poor villagers' houses.
    Last edited by Redeemed; 07-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    “Unknowingly, from compromise to compromise, men find themselves entangled in a net of lies, falsehoods, deceptions and perjuries until they lose their souls.”

My meat only comes from a package in the shop, it has nothing to do with the big eyed cows in fields or frolicking lambs... milk? It comes from the magical clover factory! Pfft
    http://vimeo.com/shythesun/clover-way-better
    “Unknowingly, from compromise to compromise, men find themselves entangled in a net of lies, falsehoods, deceptions and perjuries until they lose their souls.”

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
    What retaliation? What threat do little children going to school pose to him? I think he is just being spiteful given his previous aggression of burning the poor villagers' houses.
    Maybe the adult thieves/rapists/murderers coming to his farm?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw_Killer View Post
    He never said that it was justified, he just saw there being more to the situation than people being mindless drones and waking up one day deciding to kill a farmer.

How is what you've said any better? You're preaching to us, but you think a guy who robs you for your cellphone is going to care about you? You've never cared about him. With how often I've seen forumites wish that the ANC supporters would all disappear, you think it's any worse for you to stand between a desperate man and an object that can get him some money?
    I really don't know what you're on about. I made the point that there are many who would kill for a cell phone. So yes, of course they don't care about me or anyone else. Desperate or not, that's no reason to kill someone. That's just a sign of how messed up our society is. Redeemed's statement was one of tut tut, look at these farmers digging trenches and upsetting the locals - no wonder they're attacked. In the past it was akin to someone saying x, y and z black person stole...so all blacks are the same and they wonder why we keep them separated from society. My point is it that it may be a contributing factor for the way something is but it certainly isn't justified and it most certainly is not a reason.

Either we're on the same page here and it was just a misunderstanding in the way Redeemed put it across -or- Redeemed is inadvertently admitting that the savage bastards who attack farmers would use someone's digging a hole in the road to block a thoroughfare as the perfect excuse to attack them.

TL;DR - Reason does not equal excuse.

Somethings not right here.

House on fire - nah, thats nothing. We won't report that.
    Hole in the road - holy **** it's a crime against humanity!

And of course, leaving the elderly to fill the hole is something else all together.
    I'd rather be lynched than RC on D1

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
    Your logic is astounding. I'm not going to try to explain it to you it seems like you are obtuse.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Maybe the adult thieves/rapists/murderers coming to his farm?
    No now don't come with your bloody logic. We put up fences to keep our the children that only want to take a short cut to school. Farmers are spiteful and hate little kids. They catch and boil them for glue, their parents are chained to equipment and beaten to death. The trench is to hide all the evidence.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast