Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: New MTN F@stlink Software?

Default New MTN F@stlink Software?

There's a new version of the MTN F@stlink software which has just appeared on this site:
    http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/d...type=-1&id=305

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    There's a new version of the MTN F@stlink software which has just appeared on this site:
    http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/d...type=-1&id=305
    Is it a new version????, they did not have the MTN software there before and I cannot make out if it is a newer version as I am using the Huawei generic software.
    =================================

Yes, it is a new MTN branded version. Main executable is version 13.4.6.8.
    The version I got on my MTN CD is 13.4.3.8, which displays 3G/HSDPA.
    The generic (read: unbranded) version on Huawei's site is 13.1.2.0, only displays 3G.

The driver remains the same across all three versions at 2.0.22.

I downloaded the monster file from Huawei, threw out Adobe Acrobat reader, the Chinese version of Acrobat reader, the Chinese installer and both language versions of the user manuals. You can download the English version of the installer here:
    ***file removed - obsolete ***
    Newer version discussed here.

Those having trouble with the older MTN branded software incorrectly reporting volume statistics, please try out this version and report back.

Before trying any of the modifications below, be sure to make a backup of any file you replace or modify.

You can also get the replacement operator logos I made here:
    MTN, Vodacom & Cell C

MTN, Vodacom & Virgin

And for those who like the silver skin from the generic Huawei software:

The display of 3G or 3G/HSDPA is purely cosmetic, those wishing to change the text displayed, edit the file isapumtsresen.db in the language folder with your favourite text editor. Search for the text IDS_MAINFRM_PROMPT_SYSTEMMODE_WCDMA_E620 and edit the text to the right of the equal sign.
    Last edited by ginggs; 22-08-2013 at 12:54 PM.

kewl thanks dude
    "If the ANC does to you what the apartheid government did to you, then you must do to the ANC what you did to the apartheid government." Nelson Mandela

Thanks ginggs - much appreciated - is it necessary to uninstall the old software first?

EDIT: Unfortunately, the data counter has not been fixed. Windows: 886KB vs MTN s/w 4661KB
    ..and if installing - ensure you install to the same directory as the Huawei software as the MTN software creates a differnet folder
    Last edited by adsl3g; 10-09-2006 at 07:44 PM.

whats new in this version? I downloaded the software, installed it and everything looks exactly the same.

installed working fine
    also removed mtn branding
    kewl
    "If the ANC does to you what the apartheid government did to you, then you must do to the ANC what you did to the apartheid government." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by adsl3g View Post
    Unfortunately, the data counter has not been fixed. Windows: 886KB vs MTN s/w 4661KB
    The MTN software counter matches the Windows counter for my card.
    What are your firmware and hardware versions? Choose the diagnostics menu option.

My firmware version is 11.16.08.01.00, hardware version is CD21TCPU Ver.B.

Yes, it is a new MTN branded version. Main executable is version 13.4.6.8.
    The version I got on my MTN CD is 13.4.3.8, which reports 3G/HSDPA.
    The generic (read: unbranded) version on Huawei's site is 13.1.2.0, only reports 3G.

The driver remains the same across all three versions at 2.0.22.

I downloaded the monster file from Huawei, threw out Adobe Acrobat reader, the Chinese version of Acrobat reader, the Chinese installer and both language versions of the user manuals. You can download the English version of the installer here:

Nice,

Thanks ginggs

MTNDD
    Last edited by ginggs; 21-09-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidwza View Post
    whats new in this version? I downloaded the software, installed it and everything looks exactly the same.
    I have no idea what's new. MTNDD, can you find out for us?

I have no idea what's new. MTNDD, can you find out for us?
    Sure will

I've emailed Gary from Huawei

Will advise ASAP

Thanks MTNDD

The MTN software counter matches the Windows counter for my card.
    What are your firmware and hardware versions? Choose the diagnostics menu option.

My firmware version is 11.16.08.01.00, hardware version is CD21TCPU Ver.B.
    I have the same versions as you have.

I have reinstalled the Huawei software and am using that with no problems. I don't get HSDPA speeds at my location even though it connects at 1.8m, I only get 3g speeds and only outside my house. 1 bar on sig strength.

Quote Originally Posted by adsl3g View Post
    Unfortunately, the data counter has not been fixed. Windows: 886KB vs MTN s/w 4661KB
    ..and if installing - ensure you install to the same directory as the Huawei software as the MTN software creates a differnet folder
    I have reinstalled the MTN fastlink software on the Huawei site but before doing that I deleted the old folder completely - the uninstall does not get rid of everything in the folder and it appears that the data counter is now working correctly. Maybe somthing was 'left behind' that influenced the data counter.

Quote Originally Posted by MTN_Data_Dude View Post
    I've emailed Gary from Huawei

Will advise ASAP
    Any news from Huawei?

MTNDD, could also please ask what the antenna connector on the data card is called? I took my card to an RF spares shop, but they had never seen a connector like that before, they said they could order one if I could tell them what its called.

Another problem I am experiencing with the new software is I cannot make a call, connecting to the internet is fine but when i try calling a number it just hangs up on me - does anyone else experience this with the new software?

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast