Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Two guys go through labour pains simulation (Video at the link)

Blog Entries

Cool Two guys go through labour pains simulation (Video at the link)

Two men who wanted to prove that their wives were 'exaggerating' the pain of childbirth underwent a labor simulation meant to mimic contractions experienced by women - with hilarious results.

In celebration of Mother's Day, the men, from Kensington Church based in Troy, Michigan, contacted gynecologist Dr Julie Masters and filmed their experience.

'Im going to throw up,' says one man in front of his wife, who was in the room watching the labor simulation unfold.

The video, posted on Vimeo, follows the men as they have electrodes attached to their abdomens, which simulate contractions - 'and what your wife went through during labor,' explains Dr Masters.

Staring with 'early labor,' a two or three on the doctor's pain scale, the men squirm and 'breath through it.'

One of the men exclaims: 'That was early labor? It feels like someone is taking a saw and just carving up my abdomen.'

By the time they reach the 'active' stage of labor, the squirming has turned into screaming.

'I'm hoping that's a seven [on the pain scale],' says one of the men. 'No, you're at four,' remarks the nurse.

Finally, the men, addressing their own mothers on camera as 'heroes,' conclude: 'That was a lot worse than I thought it was going to be.'

This isn't the first time curious men have used a simulator to experience the pains of childbirth contractions, however.

In January, Dennis Storm and Valerio Zeno, the male co-hosts of the Dutch TV program Guinea Pigs, underwent the experiment for the benefit of their viewers.

'It was torture for me,' Zeno said afterward. 'I don't know if I dare make my wife pregnant.'

The pair underwent the simulator for two hours - about twelve hours short of an average labor.

In 2009, Dr Andrew Rochford went through the entire childbirth experience during a similar simulation for the Australian TV show, What's Good For You.

After more than two hours of contractions while clutching pillows, Dr Rochford admitted that he could now 'understand why women swear.'

But some doctors believe the simulation doesn't compare the the real-life pain women experience during labor.

'You can think of this as a very strong charley horse,' Dr. Jennifer Ashton told ABC News. 'Is it as painful as labor? My opinion would be it isnt.'

Source

Vimeo Video

Was a helluva funny thing seeing the one guy turn on his side and his wife holding his hand as he tries to remember to breathe
    Financial Advisor with Old Mutual.
    PM a Brother for Financial Wealth, Funeral and Life Cover.

LOLOLOL. too funny. now any men on this forum willing to take the challenge .
    I won my first cage fight today. Stupid budgie won't be pecking me with that beak again.

How do they know its the equivalent level of pain & similar amounts of adrenaline (They aren't in danger like a real birth)?
    A trial by combat would resolve this dispute efficiently

Yeah I would think with a real birth the body would block out a lot of the pain?
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

I have tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks

The funniest part...
    Name:  labour laugh.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  49.2 KB
    Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

bwhahahaha That was hilarious !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    How do they know its the equivalent level of pain & similar amounts of adrenaline (They aren't in danger like a real birth)?
    You actually want to avoid too much adrenaline during labour.

While pain is always oh-so-hilarious, I'm going to agree with Havoc here and ask how they know if it's actually equivalent to the real thing. The only way to do that is to test it on a woman who has actually been pregnant. And even that might not translate properly.
    ...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

-Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    LOLOLOL. too funny. now any men on this forum willing to take the challenge .
    Aren't you the one afraid of bachelorettes
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach
    Latest: There is something terribly wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TJ99 View Post
    While pain is always oh-so-hilarious, I'm going to agree with Havoc here and ask how they know if it's actually equivalent to the real thing. The only way to do that is to test it on a woman who has actually been pregnant. And even that might not translate properly.
    So, uhm, (swallows another giggle), are you saying that their 2 hours of level four labour pain could have been worse than real labour ? There's a reason it's called labour, and yea I found it hilarious because "Women exaggerate everything"......still lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Singal View Post
    So, uhm, (swallows another giggle), are you saying that their 2 hours of level four labour pain could have been worse than real labour ? There's a reason it's called labour, and yea I found it hilarious because "Women exaggerate everything"......still lmao
    I'm saying I don't know. What I do know is that having electrodes attached and a current run through you feels like no normal pain. It can be incredibly painful but it still feels like having a current run through your body. I don't know what childbirth feels like but I'm pretty sure it doesn't feel like an electric current.

Please post videos of women going on a "having your legs blown off in a war" simulator, so I can cackle hysterically as well.

The "working your ass off for 30 years only to have your spouse **** someone else, then kick you out of your own house prevent you from seeing your own children and have the state take most of your stuff" sim should be a hoot and a half.

Oh, wow, how funny would it be if there was a simulator where women could die painfully and alone in the freezing Alaskan winter sea while crab fishing to provide an income for their families?

The answer is: not very. Men tend, on average, not to be hateful monsters that take delight in the pain of others.
    ...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

-Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TJ99 View Post
    I'm saying I don't know. What I do know is that having electrodes attached and a current run through you feels like no normal pain. It can be incredibly painful but it still feels like having a current run through your body. I don't know what childbirth feels like but I'm pretty sure it doesn't feel like an electric current.

Please post videos of women going on a "having your legs blown off in a war" simulator, so I can cackle hysterically as well.

The "working your ass off for 30 years only to have your spouse **** someone else, then kick you out of your own house prevent you from seeing your own children and have the state take most of your stuff" sim should be a hoot and a half.

Oh, wow, how funny would it be if there was a simulator where women could die painfully and alone in the freezing Alaskan winter sea while crab fishing to provide an income for their families?

The answer is: not very. Men tend, on average, not to be hateful monsters that take delight in the pain of others.
    What on earth are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by MsDenz View Post
    What on earth are you on about?
    He is still angered by the loss of his soh.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDenz View Post
    I have tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks

The funniest part...
    Name:  labour laugh.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  49.2 KB
    You're in the video?!
    i nrrf iy

I would like to see a woman take a similar test and tell u's if it feels the same, i also cannot think that retraction pains feels like electric currents,
    I had a stomach problem for years where i would tremendous cramps, not remotely placing it in a same category as child birth, but it sure as hell did not feel like electric currents going through me, not only does these electric currents contract muscles which does hurt, but your skin hurts as well, personally i think the burning on your skin is worse than the muscles that’s contracting.

I have no doubt in my mind that child birth is probably the most painful thing a person can go through, but i do however think the simulation is inaccurate.

If you attach electrodes to a woman's nether regions and simulate them would that be the equivalent to a kick to the balls? No, she'd just get turned on.
    i nrrf iy

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast