Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: MTN is pathetic

Thumbs down MTN is pathetic

I have been with MTN for three years now - with a previous firm and now recently in my own capacity. I have spent in excess of R30 000 with them over this time. All I asked was a simple favor...

I have two contracts. One is expiring at the end of this month, the other in a years time. I don't want to continue with the one that is expiring, but I want to continue using that number. MTN cannot help me, they say I need to renew the contract for another two years. This is unacceptable and poor.

We are seeing number portability soon, which allows numbers to be ported between different cell networks, but MTN can't even provide a simple courtesy service of swapping two numbers I have on existing contracts. Totally incompetent.

Every day they keep reminding me that cancelling my MTN contract is the best thing i can do. Virgin mobile with no contract... here I come... Anyone want to buy an EDGE data card for R800 pm me.
    Last edited by mancombseepgood; 14-09-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Talking Problem solved! Use Hellopeter.com!

Just used Hellopeter.com and got a call from Paul at MTN who said that yes, they don't normally do this, but they can accomodate me. Those that wonder if it works, as you can see by the times of these posts, it has been an hour since posting this article that the previously impossible has been possible at MTN. Unfortunately for MTN, despite the resolution, I am no more comfortable with them as a supplier since I had to resort to a third party to resolve the issue.

What a pity they had to let the client go through the frustration and moaning phase before they offered the service. And what's this favouritism of clients who use hellopeter.com?

Of course, others will hear my gripe too, and i'm sure there are more who have had similar gripes.

Aah well... thanks Peter Cheales.
    Last edited by mancombseepgood; 14-09-2006 at 02:34 PM.

I also used hellopeter.com for virginmoney and they also solved my problem and i got my pin for my credit card last friday at about 1pm

Glad you got sorted, Onepostwonder. Unfortunately it is true that the only way to get any service from MTN is through Hellopeter.com. At least MTN do respond on Hellopeter, unlike Telkom and many other companies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Glad you got sorted, Onepostwonder. Unfortunately it is true that the only way to get any service from MTN is through Hellopeter.com. At least MTN do respond on Hellopeter, unlike Telkom and many other companies.
    Good to see MtN responding well. I've been following hellopeter for a while now and it really irritates me when companies either don't respond or say "We note your complaint" and then nothing happens. Vodacom complaints are too numerous to mention, nearly always have "service" as the theme, and hardly ever seem to get resolved properly - with several people opening complaints about the complaints!

Quote Originally Posted by Onepostwonder View Post
    I have been with MTN for three years now - with a previous firm and now recently in my own capacity. I have spent in excess of R30 000 with them over this time. All I asked was a simple favor...

I have two contracts. One is expiring at the end of this month, the other in a years time. I don't want to continue with the one that is expiring, but I want to continue using that number. MTN cannot help me, they say I need to renew the contract for another two years. This is unacceptable and poor.

We are seeing number portability soon, which allows numbers to be ported between different cell networks, but MTN can't even provide a simple courtesy service of swapping two numbers I have on existing contracts. Totally incompetent.

Every day they keep reminding me that cancelling my MTN contract is the best thing i can do. Virgin mobile with no contract... here I come... Anyone want to buy an EDGE data card for R800 pm me.
    Good day,

Onepostwonder

Can you please PM me with your number Iím sure I can sort that out of you thatís strange I mean itís not that hard actually, all you do from this side is when the number you want to keep expires then we take that number cancel it and we take the number and do a MSISDN swap on the existing number Ė who did you talk to and who is your SP if itís MTNSP then I can get it sorted a lot quicker

Let me know ASAP
    MTNDD

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post

Good day,

Guys I would have responded a lot quicker and would of assisted but I was out of the office for the better part of yesterday and today,

Let me know if you need me to action ASAP, guys please there's no need to go to Hellopeter that's what I'm here for but in this case I guess I wasn't

Let me know if you need this actioned and I'll be more than happy to oblige

MTNDD

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MTN_Data_Dude View Post
    Good day,

Onepostwonder

Can you please PM me with your number I’m sure I can sort that out of you that’s strange I mean it’s not that hard actually, all you do from this side is when the number you want to keep expires then we take that number cancel it and we take the number and do a MSISDN swap on the existing number – who did you talk to and who is your SP if it’s MTNSP then I can get it sorted a lot quicker

Let me know ASAP
    MTNDD
    They have offered to sort it out now, but even the call I got from them, the guy told me it is not normally done, but i imagined it wasn't hard. Anyhow, it looks like they (MTNSP) are sorting me out now - 2 calls to MTNSP, = no action, 1 post on hellopeter worked for me. MTNSP told me twice that I need to renew my 2 year contract.
    Thanks again.

They have offered to sort it out now, but even the call I got from them, the guy told me it is not normally done, but i imagined it wasn't hard. Anyhow, it looks like they (MTNSP) are sorting me out now - 2 calls to MTNSP, = no action, 1 post on hellopeter worked for me. MTNSP told me twice that I need to renew my 2 year contract.
    Thanks again.

Well I'm glad it's being sorted - Let me know if you have any hassles

MTNDD

Grandmaster

Leave Hellopeter alone, we have MTN DD to sort our problems out

Super Grandmaster

yes, what a shame that there is atm only one person on mtn side that tries to make difference to complaints, why can't all the csr's be like that?!
    Quote Originally Posted by dualmeister View Post
    LOL I have the exact same lava lamp

I honestly thought since this was not a data problem, it wouldn't be your dept MTNDD, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with Hellopeter. But honestly, when speaking to the 808 operators, you cant but help feeling like just another client.

I honestly thought since this was not a data problem, it wouldn't be your dept MTNDD, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with Hellopeter. But honestly, when speaking to the 808 operators, you cant but help feeling like just another client.

Onepostwonder

Well theoretically this forum should be for data queries but my attitude is to sort out what ever I can and provide info for what I can..........

MTNDDD

Grandmaster

I made a mistake and loaded an sms bundle instead of MB bundle. Call centre tells me it cannot be reversed. My cellphone on option 4 says "load or cancell sms bundle' but this does not work. Why does cancell not work. I now have stacks of sms's but no internet airtime.MTNDD please.

Grandmaster

Another problem. I spent an hour typing an email with MTN email. The box is so tiny that it is difficult to see what you have already written. When u send it off an error message comes up saying ' an error has occured ' then try and save the message and it disapears. Back to yahoo.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast