Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana and anesthetic

Default Marijuana and anesthetic

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of the smart Mybb members will have any hands on or any knowledge about such topic.

Basically I smoke MJ daily, for the last 7 years, and like around 2 joints worth everyday. So my consumption is quite alot. I went to a surgeon yesterday to be told my surgery is on thursday, A long outstanding procedure that has been needed for quite some time. So my question is, Will smoking have any negative effects on the general anesthetic? I obviously plan not to smoke for today and tomorrow and obviously not on thursday, is this enough time to stop for it?

Thanks
    madh4tt3r

No. I wouldn't recommend going in stoned though but if you're stopping already you're fine.

Copacetic should be here any minute now
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

It shouldn't make any difference but your question reminded me of a cool story I read about Andre the Giant:

The time arrived, and the anesthesiologist was frantic. He had never put a person of Andre’s size under the gas before and had no idea how much to use. Various experts were brought in but no solution presented itself until one of the doctors asked Andre if he was a drinker. Andre responded that, yes, he’d been known to tip a glass from time to time. The doctor then wanted to know how much Andre drank and how much it took to get him drunk.

“Well,” rumbled the Giant, “It usually takes two liters of vodka just to make me feel warm inside.”

And thus was a solution found. The gas-passer was able to extrapolate a correct mixture for Andre by analyzing his alcohol intake. It was a medical breakthrough, and the system is still used to this day.
    http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com...-size-matters/

01101101 01101001 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01100100

i went under anesthetic in march, smoked a few j before and i didnt inform them, just said i smoke cigs. where i smoked like 10 daily i said 15 just incase
    If you don't think everyday is a good day, try missing one

thanks for all the responses, ok cool, well my initial thinking has basically been confirmed, weed is generally harmless and as long as I don't go into the surgery stoned I should be ok, On top of that I am taking a 2 day hiatus from smoking so everything should be fine

This thread makes me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abandonallhope View Post
    Copacetic should be here any minute now
    I'm not about to dish out advice to someone who is about to have surgery - A doctor would be the correct person to query about such a thing.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    *girds loins*

Super Grandmaster

I dont understand why you would smoke the day, day before or even the week before a procedure.
    Secondly, why you wouldnt tell your surgeon or anesthetist.
    He gets the ball, he takes the piss
    He wears the shirt of Matt Le Tiss
    Rickie Lambert Southampton goal machine

Super Grandmaster

I dont understand why you would smoke the day, day before or even the week before a procedure.
    Secondly, why you wouldnt tell your surgeon or anesthetist.
    He gets the ball, he takes the piss
    He wears the shirt of Matt Le Tiss
    Rickie Lambert Southampton goal machine

Quote Originally Posted by m4dh4tt3r View Post
    thanks for all the responses, ok cool, well my initial thinking has basically been confirmed, weed is generally harmless and as long as I don't go into the surgery stoned I should be ok, On top of that I am taking a 2 day hiatus from smoking so everything should be fine
    We all knew this and we did not need any confirmation, anyways would you be a nice chap and go under surgery stoned, just for our forumite's future reference!

Just tell the doc when you smoked a joint. Not like he will really care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Best tell the doctors truthfully how much MJ you smoke. That way they'll be prepared for anything unusual during the op. The medics don't care and there's also doctor/patient confidentiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Komrun View Post
    We all knew this and we did not need any confirmation, anyways would you be a nice chap and go under surgery stoned, just for our forumite's future reference!
    HAHA, yea I would but knowing me I wont come out of that surgery with my luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast