Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Check number

Default Upgrade Check number

What's the sms number to check if you are eligible for an upgrade? (vodacom)

31050 ... sms text = ug
    cheap flight Search Engine
    Free Online Classifieds - South Africans only.

never worked on my dad's contract phone, tried for 2 years

Super Grandmaster

Upgrades Division - 082 1959 (free from Vodacom line)
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

Or you can check on Vodacom4me: My Account -> my Upgrade
    Flickr Photos
    Google it you moron
    Vernon Koekemoer sal jou doodmaak, stadig en aaklig

Quote Originally Posted by drowssap View Post
    31050 ... sms text = ug
    thanks! this helped me!

thread necro here, sorry

Is the upgrade date the same as end of contract date. Been with VC forever and a day, want to finally cancel the contract now and have no clue when that "initial period" ends. is that 31050 sms a free one, or one of those R1 sms's? Go figure the myUpgrades link doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberarmy View Post
    never worked on my dad's contract phone, tried for 2 years
    Is the line with a provider like Nashua?

If so, then it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Bufamotis View Post
    Is the upgrade date the same as end of contract date. Been with VC forever and a day, want to finally cancel the contract now and have no clue when that "initial period" ends.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think you can upgrade on the 22nd month (you may want to look that up) so you might need to add two months to that.

is that 31050 sms a free one, or one of those R1 sms's? Go figure the myUpgrades link doesn't work for me.
    It's free

hmm, will probably have to engage the helpline for the answer

..without letting on I want to cancel, else I may receive more calls from their agents to stay

thanks

hmm, will probably have to engage the helpline for the answer

..without letting on I want to cancel, else I may receive more calls from their agents to stay

thanks
    To cancel the contract you will have to wait for after the upgrade date.
    And if you upgraded early the previous time it could add months - is what I've heard. ...

Default Upgrade Check number

No it's not the same date. Probably around 2 months later, but phone to confirm the exact date. I'm also going to cancel in 3 months. (My upgrade date and cancel date differs with 2 months)
    I just told them I'm going prepaid for a while, they don't need to know that I'm jumping ship.
    I'm not sure what's the number to phone, but you can pop into any vodacom shop and they'll be able to help you.
    Apple reminds of a wimp who would not let his girlfriend talk to other men because hes afraid shed dump him. Its getting ridiculous.

just a question here....is it possible to upgrade on the upgrade date given and then 3-4 months later when the contract was set to expire,cancel the contract without being charged a ridiculous amount??

Quote Originally Posted by Franky03 View Post
    just a question here....is it possible to upgrade on the upgrade date given and then 3-4 months later when the contract was set to expire,cancel the contract without being charged a ridiculous amount??
    No,

You willingly signed another 24 month contract. You will either need to honour that or pay.

Besides on renewal you would have received a device. The network would want to be paid for that....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast