Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I find out if my cellphone has been hacked?

Default How can I find out if my cellphone has been hacked?

An elderly relative of mine has called me and told me that my cellphone has been hacked and that someone is listening to my calls, he refuses to say more even if i call from my wife's phone. This is quite strange. Usually i would write it off as a misinterpreted news report or such, but im involved in a legal situation at the moment where there is another party involved that has clear motive for obtaining personal conversations of mine. How do i find out if they may have access to my cellphone conversations?

Tell him to stop drinking.

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

How To Troll Your Nephew 101...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Your elderly relative needs a high five.... epic troll on the nephew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Haha. He is definitely not trolling. Im being dead serious though. There must definitely be some way to track someone's calls. The people whom i suspect are responsible could have had physical access to my phone. Now that i think of it i should probably have posted in the android section? How do i get the thread to be moved?

He's trolling you.

If your elder is ab electrical engineer, lawyer it involved in law enforcement be worried.
    If he's an account you just got trolled.

It's not impossible to intercept cellular comms if you know the right people.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Your SP can check.
    If your screen comes on without interaction, it could point to malware.

Unfortunately that type of software can be easily bought and in some instances it is free parental control software. Swapping sim cards will not help. The os must be replaced afik.
    "Donít underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, notice more than you realize."
    Make the best connection
    Referral code: 92824b45de

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    It's not impossible to intercept cellular comms if you know the right people.
    Not impossible, but not something that people will do for random lawsuits, unless you're talking multiple million payouts.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoTho View Post
    An elderly relative of mine has called me and told me that my cellphone has been hacked and that someone is listening to my calls, he refuses to say more even if i call from my wife's phone. This is quite strange. Usually i would write it off as a misinterpreted news report or such, but im involved in a legal situation at the moment where there is another party involved that has clear motive for obtaining personal conversations of mine. How do i find out if they may have access to my cellphone conversations?
    There is software that can spy on your phone but it needs to be physically installed on your phone so who ever want to spy on you needs to get access to your phone IFAK this software cant be remotely installed,.
    You cannot detect the software once installed.
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck

Time to get Anti-Virus Software for Mobile Phones :-P

Quote Originally Posted by FNfal View Post
    There is software that can spy on your phone but it needs to be physically installed on your phone so who ever want to spy on you needs to get access to your phone IFAK this software cant be remotely installed,.
    You cannot detect the software once installed.
    As I understand it can be remotely done. The user must accept it though., images or apps.
    "Donít underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, notice more than you realize."
    Make the best connection

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by RoMark View Post
    As I understand it can be remotely done. The user must accept it though., images or apps.
    Do share?

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Do share?
    Not sure. I had a lady that complained that her ex was posting on FB using her details although she changed passwords, created new email accounts, etc.
    She mentioned that he knew details that she discussed on the cell phone. Shechanged sim cards and numbers several times.
    She asked me to check her laptop.

At first I thought she was a bit paranoid, but did find key loggers on her laptop and pc.

She took her cellphone to her SP and apparently they did find spyware that can use the cell as a listening device, listen to calls, use the camera and GPS.

I did Google a bit and saw reports that mentioned that the software can be installed remotely. Apparently on BB's you can search for the presence of 2 files, but on Androids it is not easy to pick up.

Apparently the ex eventually admitted that he had her cellphones bugged. He had someone from Johannesburg do it. Apparently remotely.

I can't vouch for that info obviously.
    Make the best connection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast