Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Lumia 1020 coming to South Africa

Default Nokia Lumia 1020 coming to South Africa

Nokia Lumia 1020 coming to South Africa

Expected launch date of the Nokia Lumia 1020 on Vodacom in South Africa revealed

You really should change the image to show the phone with and without the attachment. Not sure people will catch that off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    You really should change the image to show the phone with and without the attachment. Not sure people will catch that off the bat.
    +1

Thought the phone 'stock' was HUGE.

But its only an battery attachment and grip. (nice!)

This is a joke. Seriously, November?
    Plus it will be crazy expensive by the time it gets here.
    I will be importing mine thank you.
    My Site: http://blog.roguecode.co.za
    I make awesome Windows Phone apps for awesome companies, also, Plex.

How much do you reckon it will cost? I've been waiting for this phone for a long time

So what's the difference between this and the other 41MP one they launched before that makes this 41MP so special? I'm sure I recall a 41MP Nokia being launched before?
    Officially a Chartered Accountant ... Anyone with any business opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by eitai2001 View Post
    So what's the difference between this and the other 41MP one they launched before that makes this 41MP so special? I'm sure I recall a 41MP Nokia being launched before?
    Here is a good comparison: http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...s-808-pureview
    Basically it's faster, has a real OS, better screen, OIS, 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
    Here is a good comparison: http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...s-808-pureview
    Basically it's faster, has a real OS, better screen, OIS, 4G.
    Ok, so basically this phone is a Galaxy S3, with a sub-par processor, smaller screen & windows OS. The only thing better being the Camera?

I just don't understand, how in this day and age, Nokia are not using an advanced Quad Core, possibly pushing the Ram to the next level and using a 5" Full HD screen...

Ok, so basically this phone is a Galaxy S3, with a sub-par processor, smaller screen & windows OS. The only thing better being the Camera?

I just don't understand, how in this day and age, Nokia are not using an advanced Quad Core, possibly pushing the Ram to the next level and using a 5" Full HD screen...
    It comes down to what the OS needs IMO. Windows Phone OS was so late to the game that they were able to have barely any legacy code in it, which means that even on the cheapest hardware the OS is still silky smooth. A quad core would be a waste of battery.
    And screen size is a stupid comparison. It's purely based on personal likes. I don't want a 5" screen.

Yeah quad core would really just waste the battery in a lumnia.

Quote Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
    It comes down to what the OS needs IMO. Windows Phone OS was so late to the game that they were able to have barely any legacy code in it, which means that even on the cheapest hardware the OS is still silky smooth. A quad core would be a waste of battery.
    And screen size is a stupid comparison. It's purely based on personal likes. I don't want a 5" screen.
    You're a stupid comparison ... just jokes!!

Agreed screensize isn't everything, but Full HD I would gather is quite important. And I would hazard a guess your current screen size is > 4" ... 4 years ago, you were probably perfectly happy with 3.2" and thought anything over 4" is just too much

I think the bar stops around 5" (Maybe 5.5") before it just becomes difficult to hold and type with one hand.

The S4 is a good example of 5" done right, cause it doesn't feel any bigger than my S3. The Note II feels too big though.

Quote Originally Posted by FuLL_MeT4L View Post
    Yeah quad core would really just waste the battery in a lumnia.
    Again, the Samsungs seem to handle Quad Cores perfectly.
    Although I agree that the processor should be mapped to the needs of the OS ... but what about future proofing. And with a 41MP camera, I'd hazard a guess that a stronger processor could be put to good use.

Will it support USSD codes?

Again, the Samsungs seem to handle Quad Cores perfectly.
    Although I agree that the processor should be mapped to the needs of the OS ... but what about future proofing. And with a 41MP camera, I'd hazard a guess that a stronger processor could be put to good use.
    From what I've seen so far, they're doing just fine with the processor it has. Why put in more horse power just for horse power's sake? If it ran slowly, sure, why not. Otherwise keep the battery out and rather give us longer battery life. I'm seeing that now with my Lumia 720. It's half past 3 in the afternoon, and I've barely got a clear pixel on my battery symbol. Yesterday after a whole work day / emails / navigation after work and about an hour reading news / ebooks and playing games the phone still had more than 75% battery power.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    From what I've seen so far, they're doing just fine with the processor it has. Why put in more horse power just for horse power's sake? If it ran slowly, sure, why not. Otherwise keep the battery out and rather give us longer battery life. I'm seeing that now with my Lumia 720. It's half past 3 in the afternoon, and I've barely got a clear pixel on my battery symbol. Yesterday after a whole work day / emails / navigation after work and about an hour reading news / ebooks and playing games the phone still had more than 75% battery power.
    Can not agree more. The battery is just crazy on this phone. Normal talking, little bit of browsing, some software update and e-mail and my battery lasts for 4-5 days without charging. My last smart Android phone had to be recharged every morning for the same amount of usage. Very happy with the phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast