Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Display content from Android device on my TV wirelessly

Default Display content from Android device on my TV wirelessly

How do I display content (movies and pictures for example) from my android phone or tablet on my HD tv? Are there any HDMI wifi connectors that I can plug into my TV in order to connect to my android devices?
    I have heard of Miracast and DLNA technology. Are there any HDMI devices that can receive content from my android devices?

Going one better, are there any devices that allows me to mirror the content from my phone and tablet onto my TV? For big screen gaming and websurfing. I know this is possible with a MHL-HDMI connector cable, but is it possible wirelessly?

Thanks in advance.

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Samsung All-Share Cast? Is it a Smart TV?

If not, then do you have a media centre connected to the TV?
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by SeRpEnT View Post
    How do I display content (movies and pictures for example) from my android phone or tablet on my HD tv? Are there any HDMI wifi connectors that I can plug into my TV in order to connect to my android devices?
    I have heard of Miracast and DLNA technology. Are there any HDMI devices that can receive content from my android devices?

Going one better, are there any devices that allows me to mirror the content from my phone and tablet onto my TV? For big screen gaming and websurfing. I know this is possible with a MHL-HDMI connector cable, but is it possible wirelessly?

Thanks in advance.
    The new Google Chromecast for USD35 does exactly this.
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Samsung All-Share Cast? Is it a Smart TV?

If not, then do you have a media centre connected to the TV?
    No on all accounts. That's why I want some kind of HDMI adapter to plug onto my TV's (lounge or in bedroom) in order to connect my android devices to the tv.

Blog Entries

Images, audio and video, including Youtube, I open within XBMC using my phone, with the Yatse unlocked remote. Works via wifi, and works flawlessly from the share function in any media.

I have no idea about sharing the actual screen, however. I don't play any games on my phone...or at all, come to think about it...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    The new Google Chromecast for USD35 does exactly this.
    Nope it doesnt. Not from the reviews that I read. Screen mirroring, or the option to watch your own media on phone not supported (yet).

Blog Entries

No on all accounts. That's why I want some kind of HDMI adapter to plug onto my TV's (lounge or in bedroom) in order to connect my android devices to the tv.
    The Google Chromecast, as Jola mentioned. Should do the trick...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Blog Entries

Nope it doesnt. Not from the reviews that I read. Screen mirroring, or the option to watch your own media on phone not supported (yet).
    I thought that's exactly what it was intended for?
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Founds this online:
    http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/10594..._USB_HDMI.html

Bit expensive and I dont need another android device. I just need a dumb HDMI wifi dongle.

Last edited by SeRpEnT; 31-07-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Super Grandmaster

Thanks in advance.
    If you want to use HDMI, it has nothing to do with Android, but your device. My Samsung S3 got a HDMI adapter that plugs straight into the TV HDMI. Likewise with my Ipad . The Google Nexus 7 however does not have HDMI out, so there i need to use WIFI to get the content onto the screen.

To use Wifi i obviously then need a local network and either a TV with Wifi, or another device that are connected to the TV (with wifi, like a PC,raspberry pi etc) . In this case, my Xbox 360 and my Samsung Blueray player (which turns my tv into a smart tv) serves that purpose.

So basically , i would run an app, normally DLNA server on android, and my xbox/blueray will pick it up and stream to tv. But that is streaming movies/content. For actually mirroring my device, i use the HDMI output (which is a cable) on my S3 and IPad.
    Last edited by diabolus; 31-07-2013 at 04:28 PM.

What phone do you have?
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Quote Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
    ...raspberry pi...
    The PI will probably be your cheapest solution. You should be able to load something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bbleupnp&hl=en on both devices then set your phone as the library and the PI as the player. This does not do mirroring from android - but they are apparently working on something: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...-Pi?p=10864901.

/ I can not vouch for the PI though.
    Last edited by Park@82; 31-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

The Special One Maverick Jester's Avatar

Which TV and phone combo do you have?

Grandmaster

I was actually looking for this too, but there's plenty of options in China.

The Chromecast will do what you want, stream video/audio, or pictures on ur tv by plugging it into ur TV's HDMI port

Also that android mini PC will do fine too.

Just need to install an app called airplay or airstream or something, and ur android/ios device can stream to it.
    Q8200/HD6850@850/1100/Kingston 8gig DDR1600/1TB Hitachi Cinemastar/24" LCD/500w 80plus Redstar - game the budget way...

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast