Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Cape Town could save R40m on telecoms

Super Grandmaster

Default Cape Town could save R40m on telecoms

This is why municipalities are moving away from existing telecoms providers, whose only aim seems to be to profiteer, he said.
    Not according to Dozy Mashile, but I believe CT over him in a heartbeat.

http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/tele...ernment&O=FPIN
    "Never buy a black torch"

Sneeky

while I see how it conflicts with telecoms providers esp new entries like infraco(sily gov lines) and Neotel, I am hoping they will also venture into laying their own cable besides just offering wireless solutions. The advantage i see is the 'rental' getting taken away from Telkom etc as a source of income and them being forced to compete in overing service on a shared medium almost purely on a service level where they are likely to fail to reach their current price objectives haha. And at the same time it leads to greater development wrt cables and infrastructure..

I mean soon, assuming the gov opens up telecoms before its too late, we could be in the position more developed world is in whereby there is a plethora of mediums of access and users purchasing service ontop of that which works with multiple mediums eg you use your 3g on the move, hsdpaor 4G at a board meetng?, wifi in your office, ADSL/fibre at your home etc all working frm one service provider. So the actual access/netowrk providers job becomes limited in a way.. and service providers on top provide a service on top of the medium...

I think i read too many 'for the future' style telecoms books..
    When have you demonstrated leadership skills?
    "Well my best example would be in online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot to do that."

Super Grandmaster

It just takes a few incompetent individuals in positions of power to screw that vision up indefinitely.
    Poison Ivy, Fireworks Padayachee, etc.
    "Never buy a black torch"

Sneeky