Good Day My company has been having problems connecting to Standard Bank Business Online since Monday 16-09-2013. I kept on trying their support number but hold for up to an hour at times. I did get through to them at one time and was on the phone for over 2 hours uninstalling java and re installing java but to no avail. the lady i spoke to said that it affected everyone after the new role out of Java 7 Update 40, but our company's one branch is not affected (I guess their java was not updated, but I even tried installing the older version Java 7 Update 25 at the branch giving errors, but I still receive the "Unable to launch application" error. Nothing has changed on my proxy settings at all (ISA 2004) and both branches runs the same proxy (isa 2004) with the same rules and everything. I have even opened up all traffic for all users but i still got the " Unable to Launch Application" Java error with "cannot locate resource error in the details pane.
Please if anyone could assist me, I would be forever grateful.
Update:SOLUTION Good day All. I have found a solution to our problem: I basically tried everything and made sure that our proxy server(ISA 2004) wasn't caching urls and that any cache if any has been removed but it still gave the same issues. Then I decided to unplug a client machine from our network and connect it to the internet directly by using a 3g card. Cleared all the java cache and made sure that it was updated to the latest version "Java 7 Update 40". It opened up with no issues. That meant that it cached the session that was successful to the following directory: c:\Documents and Settings\user_name\local settings\application data\Sun\Java\Deployment\ or for (windows Vista\Windows 7\8) C:\users\user_name\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment Copy the folder "Deployment" from the machine that opened the applet successfully to a network share. Go to all your other client machines and make sure that you update their Java to the latest version. Once done, copy and replace the Deployment folder from the backup you did to a network share and retry the application. It should now work. I hope this will help someone else, I gave the info to Standard Bank and it apparently helped a few clients already.