Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discovery or Bonitas?

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    I'm even thinking of going Hospital plan and then self funding glasses, dentistry and gp visits and such.

My MSA is currently on R8000. I can put that onto my credit card and then save the R1000pm saved into that too. Don't have any dependants.
    That's what I do - we're 4 dependants - our annual day-to-day costs are pretty minimal - nowhere enough to justify the cost of a full medical aid. As long as you've got the cash available to cover those costs then it's a good idea. BTW do you get any interest on money paid into the MSA?

Discovery is like Telkom....hulle raak te groot vir hulle skoene

With Bonitas for almost a year now. No problems experienced.

If you have a 4 year degree check out Profmed - I've been with them for several years - no problems. Their benefits are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by senyetse View Post
    That's what I do - we're 4 dependants - our annual day-to-day costs are pretty minimal - nowhere enough to justify the cost of a full medical aid. As long as you've got the cash available to cover those costs then it's a good idea. BTW do you get any interest on money paid into the MSA?
    Yes, R29 for Sept, R35 for Aug for example.
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

What you can do for day-to-day, when taking out a hospital plan, is to put away 1 or 2 x consultation fee per month in a savings account. It's not like you're gonna see the doctor every month is it? Unless you have a big family with small kids of course

Quote Originally Posted by senyetse View Post
    If you have a 4 year degree check out Profmed - I've been with them for several years - no problems. Their benefits are pretty good.
    I can't comment on profmed specifically, but generally restricted med aids do tend to be better. The more restricted the better.

OP appears to be force to take either Disc / Bonitas though...SSB depends on the level. The high end discovery ones kick ass (classic comprehensive & up)...heard lots of complaints about the low / medium end though.

I like visrot's idea too...assuming the hospital part is fckin bullet proof...generally the hospital component on say Disc Executive tends to be much better than the hospital component on a bottom range plan.
    A trial by combat would resolve this dispute efficiently

sister came home fuming. discoveryphoned her and said he lp came back abnormal and so the xignised meningitis.

nowdiscovery say that eve the lp was abnormal and clowdy it is not conclusive mengitis. show that want to make her for god know how many days she was isolation etc.

i hate these bastards so much !!!
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

stay away from discovery ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12